Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

I like it! I have even more respect for Walters. Many more Canadian players are more impactful. I wholeheartedly agree that Harris deserves to be paid more.  I believe Loffler and Chungh, Stanley Bryant are worth the same if not  more.   Singleton deserves to be the highest paid LB(National or International)...maybe even the highest paid defensive player in my opinion. 

Even if the Bombers had the money/cap space, I’d still consider it to be a slap in the face to as many as several other Canadian players than the ones I already listed if Muamba becomes the highest paid Canadian player.

He lacks commitment and loyalty. I wouldn’t want to play with him on my team.  I get wanting the most you can get, however  let’s be realistic .

Edited by Dirty30

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Seems like Montreal must be coming in low too if he's still not signed.

That's what makes this really interesting for me.  What exactly is Muamba's leverage with Montreal now?  Is he really going to hold out into training camp trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of the Als, when everyone knows he doesn't have any other options?

28 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Maybe Bighill will get released and we’ll be a hundred times better off than if Muamba signed.

I'm actually thinking Micah Awe is of interest.  Rigmadien is the one being mentioned who made the deal with Awe that enable him to bolt in the NFL. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

That's what makes this really interesting for me.  What exactly is Muamba's leverage with Montreal now?  Is he really going to hold out into training camp trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of the Als, when everyone knows he doesn't have any other options?

I think Hardaway had leverage- then Kyle took it from him.  Kyle's awesome.

On 3/19/2018 at 5:59 PM, Mark F said:

I don't know but...

WINNIPEG, MB., March 19, 2018 –  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International defensive back/linebacker Cody Prewitt and international defensive back Kevin Short.

Prewitt (6’2, 208, Mississippi, December 31, 1992 in Covington, LA) played four seasons with the Ole Miss Rebels recording 247 total tackles and 12 interceptions in his collegiate career. In 2013, he led the SEC with six interceptions and was named a first team All-American. 

he was indeed on the PR disclosure list, and listed as a db on it. 

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/02/20/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team/

I think play style wise he would be best at wil. But who knows. Look forward to seeing what he brings to camp. 

On walters, I think he has done the right thing. If they though they would get the answer in 48 hours and didnt hear back, he should have said this after a week. 

I hope montreal does lower their offer now. Any IMP we start at wil (with jsk at mlb) will be a gigantic upgrade over hurl.  

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's a big if. And that still wouldn't help the ratio.

we arent in a bad spot ratio wise though. we dont have an allstar to plug in to the last slot, but we do have quality football players. Bighill would be an insane get. Only way I see that happening is if BC shoot their cap load and gets muamba. 0

29 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

we arent in a bad spot ratio wise though. we dont have an allstar to plug in to the last slot, but we do have quality football players. Bighill would be an insane get. Only way I see that happening is if BC shoot their cap load and gets muamba. 0

The team would be in a better spot and have more ratio flexibility with a proven NAT MLB.

Of course Bighill would be a great acquisition. That's rolling the dice at this point, though. And I don't like the odds.

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The team would be in a better spot and have more ratio flexibility with a proven NAT MLB.

Of course Bighill would be a great acquisition. That's rolling the dice at this point, though. And I don't like the odds.

Thats true. But the only one available is priced out of the market we are in sadly. If we dont have the money for henoc. bighill will probably be out of reach as well.

15 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think Hardaway had leverage- then Kyle took it from him.  Kyle's awesome.

That's exactly right.  Kyle, very politely and very professionally, just effectively told Hardaway that he doesn't appreciate the way Hardaway is playing the game.   He virtually told all the other teams what he was willing to pay, and that it was in fact a big, generous offer, but that the Bombers are not going to get into a bidding war.   He left the door open just enough that Muamba can come back in if he wants to, but there are no further negotiations to be had.    Well Done Mr. Walters!

23 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Prewitt sounds like a great recruit. If Duane Slay taught me one thing though, it is that what he had done to this point means nothing until he actually shows it on the field. Every year we have a couple "can't miss" prospects that are among the first cuts in camp.

yep, we'll see if he can hang with the big dogs.

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

2 bad about Henoc but... He can take his ego and shove it. Highest paid CDN on the team like hes done anything to deserve it.. Hes not even the best CDN lb in the league. 

There is no evidence Muamba made that demand, Walters chose to insert it into his presser as a reference and as a justification for negotiation breakdown.

Harris flat out deserves to be paid what he is getting paid because of what he’s shown in the past.  Henoc is not even close to being the player Harris is.  I would sooner use that money for an American and a bonus for Loffler to keep him long term.  

I know there are a lot of people on this board who despise Awe, but I for one wouldn’t mind having him here if he were to return to the CFL.  

Edited by Dirty30