Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Prewitt sounds like a great recruit. If Duane Slay taught me one thing though, it is that what he had done to this point means nothing until he actually shows it on the field. Every year we have a couple "can't miss" prospects that are among the first cuts in camp.

Edited by gcn11

16 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Prewitt sounds like a great recruit. If Duane Slay taught me one thing though, it is that what he had done to this point means nothing until he actually shows it on the field. Every year we have a couple "can't miss" prospects that are among the first cuts in camp.

You know I think Slay was a case of people liked the name so much they turned him into a better prospect than he actually was. 

Good and bad move.

Good - shows leadership to the team that we aren't just throwing money at random dudes to be the top paid canadian when they haven't really shown they want to be here...

Bad - We could have used him. LOL

Oh well, we will see him when we play Montreal. 

He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid Canadian here until he does the things, and shows to be the type of player and person Harris is first...so in my books thank god and good riddance.

Now if I was Reed...i would drop my offer to what the Bombers offered as top dollar...why pay more than you have to...his options are limited and really....why not offer him even less now...what other option does he have...what adick

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid Canadian here until he does the things, and shows to be the type of player and person Harris is first...so in my books thank god and good riddance.

Now if I was Reed...i would drop my offer to what the Bombers offered as top dollar...why pay more than you have to...his options are limited and really....why not offer him even less now...what other option does he have...what adick

How much of the dickishness is Henoc and how much of it is Hardaway?  I like to think that it's more his agent - Henoc seemed like a genuinely good guy. 

exactly...from my experience agent works for you...not other way around and generally agent takes his direction from you in what you want...and then he tries to get that for you...or maximize things best he can...Sure that agent is a bit of a tough nut and has a rep...but in the end...the player makes the decision on the deals...not the agent deciding for you...so over the course of the last 3 negotiations..pretty sure Hnoc is the dickish one

Just now, Booch said:

exactly...from my experience agent works for you...not other way around and generally agent takes his direction from you in what you want...and then he tries to get that for you...or maximize things best he can...Sure that agent is a bit of a tough nut and has a rep...but in the end...the player makes the decision on the deals...not the agent deciding for you...so over the course of the last 3 negotiations..pretty sure Hnoc is the dickish one

I have a hard time believing he would say he wants to be the highest paid CND on the bombers though....maybe it was just I want 200...which would just happen to make him the highest paid. I wonder how he justifies it....what has he done to deserve that?

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I have a hard time believing he would say he wants to be the highest paid CND on the bombers though....maybe it was just I want 200...which would just happen to make him the highest paid. I wonder how he justifies it....what has he done to deserve that?

Image result for george costanza nothing gif

More on this whole debacle from Walters:

Eat turds, Henoc.

Used us as a lever for more cash...didn't work..Muamba will have to sign with someone for less if he wants to play football this year...Even if the Als. were the team he was using us to up the ante, I'd say their offer will now reflect that...So Henoc wanted to be the highest paid MLB in the league....unlikely now...Reed most likely lowered his offer after reading what Kyle had to say...What a waste of time, wine and a good steak...Last one Muamba will ever get out of us ...He can now fill up on poutine or whatever... 

I like the fact that Walters has spoken publicly about this.  Gives the "we just let him walk" folks a chance to see that sometimes you just can't justify signing someone for whatever it is that they think they're worth.  Henoc  wanting to be paid more than Harris, someone who's giving his all for this team and is proving his worth over and over?  Ya, not bloody likely.   At the same time, it lets the Al's know that we're out, so feel free to adjust your offer accordingly.  Good for you Walters!

18 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I like the fact that Walters has spoken publicly about this.  Gives the "we just let him walk" folks a chance to see that sometimes you just can't justify signing someone for whatever it is that they think they're worth.  Henoc  wanting to be paid more than Harris, someone who's giving his all for this team and is proving his worth over and over?  Ya, not bloody likely.   At the same time, it lets the Al's know that we're out, so feel free to adjust your offer accordingly.  Good for you Walters!

To be fair. Walters didn't say they were out. Just that the offer wasn't changing and Henoc didn't like it.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

To be fair. Walters didn't say they were out. Just that the offer wasn't changing and Henoc didn't like it.

You are right, we didn't say we're out, but reading between the lines tells me, we're out.  If our offer isn't going to be enough, and we're not raising it, then we're out.  Unless of course Henoc decides that his demand is simply unreasonable, which I'm thinking is really unlikely.