Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its the same old same old with him tho and i think thats what ppl are pointing out. How can you not be a little annoyed? Its not like the same exact thing happened last year or the year b4... Oh ****... It did

Because at this time of year. It just doesn't matter.

Am I wrong but I think Chris Jones did Muamba some dirty by releasing Muamba now when most teams would have to juggle salaries to fit him in. I don't think Muamba deserves this "Tour" crap. He didn't ask for this. Further more choosing between a couple of teams is not a "Tour". When you take a job seriously you meet the management that you would interact with. 

I didn't watch Muamba's work the last couple of years. I remember him as being kind of good for the Bombers in the beginning of his career.  I am looking forward to seeing Muamba back in blue but I am not so much of a fan as to expect an athlete to not try and find the best situation in a very short work life.  

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Did you see Muamba when he was in town? Did he do any interviews? 

What "show" are you referring to? 

Lol. Seriously? U just being argumentative for no reason or ?? Same as the last 2 years. You dont see it? Thats YO problem

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Seriously? U just being argumentative for no reason or ?? Same as the last 2 years. You dont see it? Thats YO problem

See what? What on earth are you seeing? That's what I don't understand this ridiculous expectation that the moment Muamba became an FA, that he needs to sign somewhere. In the OFFSEASON!! 

The only people that are annoyed, are people who don't factor into his decision.

19 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Am I wrong but I think Chris Jones did Muamba some dirty by releasing Muamba now when most teams would have to juggle salaries to fit him in. I don't think Muamba deserves this "Tour" crap. He didn't ask for this. Further more choosing between a couple of teams is not a "Tour". When you take a job seriously you meet the management that you would interact with. 

I didn't watch Muamba's work the last couple of years. I remember him as being kind of good for the Bombers in the beginning of his career.  I am looking forward to seeing Muamba back in blue but I am not so much of a fan as to expect an athlete to not try and find the best situation in a very short work life.  

The bolded part times a million. Jones pulled a slimer on Muamba and now the latter will likely have to take a pay cut in order to continue his CFL career. Total ****** move by Jones but it's how he operates, so nobody's surprised. As for Muamba, he's weighing his options and that's totally his prerogative. There's no tour, though, and certainly nothing of the sort similar to what happened back in 2015.

Muamba had a solid 2017 season and was particularly impactful later in the season and into the playoffs. He's a highly prized NAT free agent who will command big money wherever he ends up. I'm just hopeful the Bombers are that team and can afford him, as he would immediately upgrade the defense at such a crucial position, while providing ratio flexibility.

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The bolded part times a million. Jones pulled a slimer on Muamba and now the latter will likely have to take a pay cut in order to continue his CFL career. Total ****** move by Jones but it's how he operates, so nobody's surprised. As for Muamba, he's weighing his options and that's totally his prerogative. There's no tour, though, and certainly nothing of the sort similar to what happened back in 2015.

Muamba had a solid 2017 season and was particularly impactful later in the season and into the playoffs. He's a highly prized NAT free agent who will command big money wherever he ends up. I'm just hopeful the Bombers are that team and can afford him, as he would immediately upgrade the defense at such a crucial position, while providing ratio flexibility.

If we sign Muamba and have to cut someone else to do it, will you have the same complaint about Walters? (Asking for a friend;))

17 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

If we sign Muamba and have to cut someone else to do it, will you have the same complaint about Walters? (Asking for a friend;))

Such an inane and pointless question. Well done, Terry supposed friend of Terry.

Edited by blue_gold_84
to troll the troll

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

No one has to cut anyone at this time of year to sign another player*, and in May everyone will have to cut about 35 players because of signing more than 46.  And all 9 teams will have to balance talent, ratio and salary when selecting those 35 casualties, just like every other year.  So your question doesn't really work - any signing will result in a player getting cut once we're beyond 46**.

*unless they somehow were silly enough to exceed the offseason roster max in March.

** + IR, +6g IR, + PR, + + + since it's the CFL afterall.

Edit - Obviously I realize a logical explanation is pointless considering TBurg is simply being argumentative, but I figured what the hey, it's Friday.  And even though everything I put in the above statement is not opinion, but FACTUAL, he will likely choose to argue it anyways.  And he can find someone else to participate in this silliness with, because I don't care.

Edited by mbrg
smile

37 minutes ago, mbrg said:

No one has to cut anyone at this time of year to sign another player*, and in May everyone will have to cut about 35 players because of signing more than 46.  And all 9 teams will have to balance talent, ratio and salary when selecting those 35 casualties, just like every other year.  So your question doesn't really work - any signing will result in a player getting cut once we're beyond 46**.

*unless they somehow were silly enough to exceed the offseason roster max in March.

** + IR, +6g IR, + PR, + + + since it's the CFL afterall.

It's the same situation. Cutting a player because of bringing another player in after the start of FA season. Turd down nation is suggesting that Oka could be cut (http://3downnation.com/2018/03/06/how-the-bombers-can-create-cap-space-for-henoc-muamba/) to make room for Muamba. It would just be business as usual same as when Jones did it to Muamba. 

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Is Okapalaugo due a bonus any time soon? Nope. So, it isn't the same situation.

Are  you saying that it's "A total crap move" every time a GM cuts a player who is due a bonus soon? Most CFL GM's would disagree. Hint: It's done all the time, just like cutting a player because you've signed another player to make the SMS work.

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Are  you saying that it's "A total crap move" every time a GM cuts a player who is due a bonus soon? Most CFL GM's would disagree. Hint: It's done all the time, just like cutting a player because you've signed another player to make the SMS work.

Nope, that isn't what I'm saying. My initial comment you quoted and clearly misinterpreted was more in regard to Jones' inability to manage his roster both from a balance and financial standpoint.

Hint: if you're going to quote someone and then ask a dumb question, ask for clarification instead and avoid being confused. 

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Nope, that isn't what I'm saying. My initial comment you quoted and clearly misinterpreted was more in regard to Jones' inability to manage his roster both from a balance and financial standpoint.

Hint: if you're going to quote someone and then ask a dumb question, ask for clarification instead and avoid being confused. 

Talking about being dumb and not understanding... when I type "Are you saying", I am asking for clarification.

Jones mistake was paying out 1 off season bonus before cutting Muamba. Other than that, he didn't do anything that other GM's don't do. If you didn't dislike him, you would treat him the same as the rest of the GM's.

Again... If we need to cut someone to be able to afford Muamba, we will be doing the same thing.

FTR: We've already signed 2 players (Durant and Bowman) who were cut by their teams (Not Jones) for SMS reasons when they were owed bonuses.  Muamba would be the 3rd and we'd end up cutting a player who has already received his off season bonus.

Edited by TBURGESS
FTR

Dog and Pony with a tour...Any team signing him will definitely be better at the position...it just seems a little mercenary to me and that'll be anywhere he signs...I guess he's not a rah rah guy like other free agents who have signed here already and have expressed an actual desire to be here....Henoc sees the money first and that's his prerogative ..I prefer the rah rah guy who wants to come here and be part of a cup contending team...

By the way...Dunk on third down figures this has draggggged on way too long and he's betting the Als. will announce his signing shortly....Same ol ame ol

4 hours ago, northwd said:

We've hit PAGE 55. Does this mean that Westerman is tearing up his contract with Montreal and signing with the Bombers.;):D

haha. id rather have henoc in all seriousness though. 

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

262geb.jpg

And best post of the off season (prior to henoc signing, coming any day now....) so far!!!!