Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

4 hours ago, JCon said:

He really likes to take his time...

I remember the tour, when he returned from the NFL, it seemed to take an extra week, probably costing him a week's pay. 

No rush now, of course, unless you're worried about running out of options. 

I think it was even longer then that, youre right he really does seem to take his time. Tbh no other situation is as close to this good a fit for him. I strongly believe that henoc + a high teir db (which isnt gonna come via FA dollars) would make us pre season favorites. 

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think it was even longer then that, youre right he really does seem to take his time. Tbh no other situation is as close to this good a fit for him. I strongly believe that henoc + a high teir db (which isnt gonna come via FA dollars) would make us pre season favorites. 

you mean like Fenner?

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Could we see these moves? (If Muamba is not signed)

JSK to MLB

Loffler to WIL

Leggett to Safety

Fenner to SAM 

I would be concerned that Leggett might no longer have the speed to play safety, plus Loffler got beaten up a lot when getting into the line play.

57 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Could we see these moves? (If Muamba is not signed)

JSK to MLB

Loffler to WIL

Leggett to Safety

Fenner to SAM 

This is exactly what I think will happen...  

Could even see only one NI on D made up mostly of Loffler/Corney rotation 

Its interesting that we kind of blew up the team this off-season when you think about it

Edited by Floyd

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

you mean like Fenner?

That tier yes, but one more. Maybe a bit below that teir even. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I would be concerned that Leggett might no longer have the speed to play safety, plus Loffler got beaten up a lot when getting into the line play.

Itd be a loss of quickness, and that'd be better covered up at S.  At S (as mo played it) you have a good bubble to read and slide accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Its interesting that we kind of blew up the team this off-season when you think about it

I dont think we will see loffler move up to lber. id like to see mo at s and loffler at wil but i dont think we will. With roh, jeffcoat, and ogopogo I dont think corney is going to see much rotational use either. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

we did? Why? Because there's a shuffling of the deck chairs coming in the minds of some rabid forum posters?

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

we did? Why? Because there's a shuffling of the deck chairs coming in the minds of some rabid forum posters?

Yeah I'm not in the mood for your flaming today or really ever again...  

You're a big boy, I think you can probably check the roster and make an informed decision.

32 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Yeah I'm not in the mood for your flaming today or really ever again...  

You're a big boy, I think you can probably check the roster and make an informed decision.

There are some new faces. But "blown up" is probably a bit of an exaggeration. Especially in todays CFL

Edited by Bigblue204

28 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There are some new faces. But "blown up" is probably a bit of an exaggeration. Especially in todays CFL

Hence the ‘kind of’ blew up...

but we’re conceivably facing 6 new starters at their position (4 new DB, new SAM and ‘new’ DE) and a ratio overhaul

3 of 5 receivers are new

JSK and Neufeld could also be considered ‘significant’ changes

to me, that’s more than shuffling the deck chairs - more than tweaking..,

35 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The loss of Hurl is going to take some time to get over.  We've all put on a brave face, but at some point we need to acknowledge loss when it happens.  If we don't, the healing can't ever really begin.

Hugs.

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

The loss of Hurl is going to take some time to get over.  We've all put on a brave face, but at some point we need to acknowledge loss when it happens.  If we don't, the healing can't ever really begin.

Hugs.

I am currently in the "elation" phase of dealing with my grief over Hurl's departure. I'll let you know when it passes.

32 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Hugs.

No , I'm gutted that we let such a fantastic MLB and very important part of our defense walk for nothing , not even a attempt to sign him ,because of the shabby treatment I have decided that I can no longer support this team, that's right I will be cheering for another team starting next year can't tell you who but it wont be and eastern team or any team west of Saskatchewan  and will not longer be posting here good bye all.

5 hours ago, bb1 said:

Problem with moving Loffler to will is what Cdn backs him up at that position?

In that  case briggs, gauthier, renaud and miles would be the NI depth at wil.  Miles has seen decent action previously, briggs didnt look out of place at all subbing in a few times last year etc. 

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hence the ‘kind of’ blew up...

but we’re conceivably facing 6 new starters at their position (4 new DB, new SAM and ‘new’ DE) and a ratio overhaul

3 of 5 receivers are new

JSK and Neufeld could also be considered ‘significant’ changes

to me, that’s more than shuffling the deck chairs - more than tweaking..,

Doesnt look like we will see 4 new dbs, 2 for sure. If mo slides back to hb or s that isnt new. Roh would go into camp imo as the rotational guy. 

Wr will see a bunch of turn over no doubt. But the shake up is needed. I dont feel that is a position we can really project too much right now. Adams and dressler have had injury concerns, so does demski. Bowman is coming off a very poor year, no one knows what will happen to denny etc. While we also have very high up side young guys like givens, and washington + wolitarsky.  

Newf has been here for a while, and jsk made a lot of plays last year. If newf ends up starting (pls god no) or if jsk moves from wil to mac it isnt that big a difference.  I think the biggest change we will see on D is usage and gambling. I think we will see more of the same guys, and more pressure risks then ball jumps. 

I think we have rebuilt our wr core, and re tooled our defense. And its still feb. Lots to do yet. This is the actions of a management/staff that is not satisfied with being a consistent play off team. In the previous returns to glory for our franchise we seemed to spend the following years just trying to hold it together, or re find that magic. Wade, mos, walters etc all are playing to win. And I love it. 

14 hours ago, mbrg said:

Hugs.

Having him end up with the Riders......simply pours salt into the wound.

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't see it. WHy do you think we "kinda blew" it up? How many key players did we let go of?

You don't see it because it didn't happen.  There is less turnover on defence this season than the year before.  Right now putting Fenner in at strong side and sliding Leggett (if healthy) back into the secondary (possibly for Heath although I'm not sure that's where he'd end up) could be the only two changes to the starting D from the end of last season.

24 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't see it. WHy do you think we "kinda blew" it up? How many key players did we let go of?

All depends on how things play out - I don't think we signed Clarke, Gaitor, Roh and Fenner as backups...  then Bowman, Lafrance, Demski on offence

Moved on from two of our Canadians and two 2017 all-stars

So two new HBs, new CB, SAM, DE, SB, possible RB/SB types... new full-time MLB and LG 

Flipped the ratio to offence in a major way - I'm not against it but it is interesting how much change we may be facing