Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Its been 45 minutes and no Bomber news! What is Walters doing? I demand answers! I'm posting live from outside IGF with a torch and pitchfork.

You're at the wrong end. Come to my side.

Also, my torch has blown out, so please bring a lighter or matches. And more Mountain Dew!

wWMb4vSv_bigger.jpg Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 21m21 minutes ago

Darrin Bauming Retweeted Farhan Lalji

I get the feeling this is the type of payout Jamaal Westerman is looking for as an impact starting Canadian D-lineman. Winnipeg had a strong offer on the table, and Westerman passed.

Farhan LaljiVerified account @FarhanLaljiTSN
      Around 200k for Ted Laurent on a 2 year deal. Could hit 220k with incentives. @cfl @CFLonTSN #CFLFA18

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

wWMb4vSv_bigger.jpg Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 21m21 minutes ago

Darrin Bauming Retweeted Farhan Lalji

I get the feeling this is the type of payout Jamaal Westerman is looking for as an impact starting Canadian D-lineman. Winnipeg had a strong offer on the table, and Westerman passed.

Farhan LaljiVerified account @FarhanLaljiTSN
      Around 200k for Ted Laurent on a 2 year deal. Could hit 220k with incentives. @cfl @CFLonTSN #CFLFA18

The Laurent contract certainly sets a high bar that other NI d-line players will measure themselves against.   Against that, it does take a lot of cap space off of the table.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Happy about the Demski signing but,  to me, this underscores the need for some sort of restricted free agency in the CFL.  It's a bitter pill to swallow for any team to "lose" a draft pick after spending that rookie contract developing the player.

I don't feel sorry for the Riders after they pulled the same crap with Brendan Labatte wanting to go home. 

It's part of the risk when you draft players.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

You wouldn't think  so. But, Canadians do make a surprising amount of money. 

I'm happy to have him though. He can easily be the best Canadian receiver we've had in 20 years.

He has the potential to be the top Canadian receiver we've had in a while, but I wouldn't say it will be easy.  Lots of hard work ahead.

I'm not surprised at the salary rumour.   The majority of the dollars go to the QB's and then the starting Canadians.    It's all about supply and demand.

2 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Happy about the Demski signing but,  to me, this underscores the need for some sort of restricted free agency in the CFL.  It's a bitter pill to swallow for any team to "lose" a draft pick after spending that rookie contract developing the player.

The Riders could've re-signed him but chose not to. How would restricted free agency help anything?

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

You wouldn't think  so. But, Canadians do make a surprising amount of money. 

I'm happy to have him though. He can easily be the best Canadian receiver we've had in 20 years.

No way he's making more than Bowman, though.

7 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Perhaps, but nothing is more bitter than an "Addison Richards pill".