Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Well we definitely needed a stud I receiver, let's just hope he doesn't get booed off the field at home after a couple drops. Peggers tend to have a long memory when it comes to that stuff. 

Sometimes I get a little teary thinking of the day we cheered Kent Austin’s season ending concussion...  sniff

Yeah good value for sure considering we payed Nick Moore way more than that and he has never produced like Bowman has.

I can take the odd drop here and there if he opens up space for Adams and Harris and chips in with 80+ catches and 1100 to 1200 yards or so and 8 to 10 tds...all numbers I think he will eclipse btw in this offense and with his familiarity with Nichols ..plus you can bet he is gonna play possessed to prove doubters wrong and stick it to the Shmoes

I like this signing, especially for $140K. Bowman's a proven big, deep threat, receiver who is way better than Denmark who he is replacing. He'll drop a couple a game and we need to feed him the ball a lot, especially  right after a drop. Adams, Bowman, Dressler, Young Guy, NI are a pretty good receiving corps. If Nichols finds his deep ball accuracy, we should be able to score from anywhere on the field.

45 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't know about that....With the uncertainty regarding Carter, I think Jones was trying to fill the expected void for the short or long term....140,000 isn't exactly the moon ...  If that's the result regarding Riders driving the price , then they failed

I believe he was speaking facetiously.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I like this signing, especially for $140K. Bowman's a proven big, deep threat, receiver who is way better than Denmark who he is replacing. He'll drop a couple a game and we need to feed him the ball a lot, especially  right after a drop. Adams, Bowman, Dressler, Young Guy, NI are a pretty good receiving corps. If Nichols finds his deep ball accuracy, we should be able to score from anywhere on the field.

To feed Bowman a lot of balls LaPo is going to have to readjust his O scheme and Nichols will have to relax his sphincter muscles and start chucking the ball, accepting that more interceptions will follow.

32 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

To feed Bowman a lot of balls LaPo is going to have to readjust his O scheme and Nichols will have to relax his sphincter muscles and start chucking the ball, accepting that more interceptions will follow.

PLAP loves to feed the ball to one guy for entire games. Sometimes it will be Bowman instead of Adams, Dressler or Harris.

I'll take a few more Int's if it results in a few more big plays, deep to Bowman.

56 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Or just continue to feed the ball to Harris and Flanders, drawing coverage up to protect against screens, opening up space deep for Adams and Bowman, with no need to turn into huck-em-high Jennings or adding to the interception total.

I'll also continue to let Nichols use his own discretion as to the tightness of his sphincter, as I am not in a position to verify it's tightness or looseness.

Also a nice consideration; Bowman was named receipient of the 2017 Tom Pate Memorial Award, for his work with children battling autism. After winning the award, Bowman told me he now feels character is more important that TDs or yards. This fits the O'Shea mould.

Maybe another reason he choose our team?

Bowman is good if he isnt' going deep while double covered.  The short underneath stuff he is deadly.     Massive improvement over Denmark.    Great signing IMO.   

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Wonder if Westermans injury is playing a role here. Were we ever told what it was... Cuz was pretty sudden. 

It was an elbow/triceps injury.  He got surgery.

He should be back to full health but you never know, especially with his age.  He will be seeking top dollar as well.