John Chick Sweepstakes ?

Zontar

What I don't get is that I thought Taman was unreal at finding defensive ends.

He's done horrible in Saskatchewan with that, yet he's pulling defensive backs out of his rear left and right and when he was here, the best he could find us was Okeydokey Imgonnagetcha

He's done horrible in Saskatchewan with that, yet he's pulling defensive backs out of his rear left and right and when he was here, the best he could find us was Okeydokey Imgonnagetcha

it's strange isn't it? Like he can only ever find one type of player or something... I just don't get it.

it's strange isn't it? Like he can only ever find one type of player or something... I just don't get it.

He was good at finding aged over the hill veterans also :P

Not so good at finding kickers :)

Hey, but Taman signed Tom Canada, so that means everything. :D

Signed and resigned. Meanwhile, Gavin Walls was three times the player over on the strong side.

Walls, while I thought he was a great player while here.. I wonder how he would stack up to the DEs we have seen in the last few seasons.. Hall, Mainor, Hunt, etc.. (I don't count O'dell as he wasn't one of our finds)

I do miss Canada though, seriously, was there a better last name donned on a jersey in the CFL? :D

Signed and resigned. Meanwhile, Gavin Walls was three times the player over on the strong side.

Walls, while I thought he was a great player while here.. I wonder how he would stack up to the DEs we have seen in the last few seasons.. Hall, Mainor, Hunt, etc.. (I don't count O'dell as he wasn't one of our finds)

I do miss Canada though, seriously, was there a better last name donned on a jersey in the CFL? :D

I'd still take Walls over Mainor but Hunt and Hall are studs for sure.

Pretty much this. The DL talent in the CFL overall has improved by leaps and bounds. IMO, that's part of the reason why we don't see all Canadian Offensive Lines anymore.

John Bonk had a better "football" last name. Helluva center for us, too. The man was a player!

Yea very true.. I'm still not totally sold on Mainor as an every down DE..

Jamie Nye ‏@jamienye 4m

So in one day; We have reports John Chick is with the #Riders #ticats and now #Bombers #goodgrief

Sasky media type says Bombers in the hunt for Chick.....

I'd love to see Chick here. He's a hell of a defensive end... Hall and Chick on the ends? That would be awesome.

That said, I have a hard time seeing him land here. Possibly Mack just driving up the price for the Cats or Riders.

Im not heart broken by any means. Im still very excited to see what Hyde and Anderson bring. Guys like Dexter Davis and Freddie Harris are also intriguing... Though Harris and Davis may be better served on the PR till they can get their strength and muscle mass up.... Unless they want to end up moving Harris back to LB in the future.

What salary cap ?

This is what confuzzles me the most, Foley took a pay cut from his 150K contract with TO, but I highly doubt he isn't making more than 100K. Geroy has a big contract, as does Dressler.

Maybe cuts are coming, but it seems like Sask has a lot of high end deals.