Matt Lauer/Greg Zaun - when will this end??

kelownabomberfan

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Why they keep calling him the director of the movie?

35 minutes ago, iHeart said:

yeah I don't know why they left him in, I mean didn't they reshoot some of the scenes he directed? at least he didn't get nominated for anything, but I'm really not happy that the film is being thrown under the bus because of him

My mistake I thought someone had replaced him early on. Was the other way around.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

My mistake I thought someone had replaced him early on. Was the other way around.

they did kick him off the film like partway through production or something, but from what I heard it wasn't because of the allegations it was because he took too long a leave of absence due to a family matter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fair to add Martin Luther King to the list?  There has always been plenty allegations about his infidelity and sexual misconduct but now there seems to be indications of his involvement in more serious misdeeds.  I don't think it's fair to give historical figures like Kennedy or MLK free passes when the methods they perpetrated were very similar to those of individuals being prosecuted today.  The laws today are basically the same as they were back then.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/martin-luther-king-and-metoo-biographers-shocking-article-alleges-civil-rights-leader-was-enthusiastic-witness-to-rape

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Fair to add Martin Luther King to the list?  There has always been plenty allegations about his infidelity and sexual misconduct but now there seems to be indications of his involvement in more serious misdeeds.  I don't think it's fair to give historical figures like Kennedy or MLK free passes when the methods they perpetrated were very similar to those of individuals being prosecuted today.  The laws today are basically the same as they were back then.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/martin-luther-king-and-metoo-biographers-shocking-article-alleges-civil-rights-leader-was-enthusiastic-witness-to-rape

I agree to a certain point. If these people are being accused can defend themselves and have their day in court- yes totally. But if they are dead and can not defend themselves- is that fair or just?

• 4 months later...
10 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I had read that people were suing Ronan Farrow before they even knew what was in the book just from fear.  Obviously a very bad look for Lauer and NBC.

7 hours ago, iHeart said:

"When they returned to New York, Nevils said she had more sexual encounters with Lauer despite what occurred in Sochi, Variety reports. However, she told Farrow it was “completely transactional” and “not a relationship.”"

🤔

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had never been in a Nygaard store or even heard of Peter Nygaard before 2016ish when I was home visiting my mom.  I took her shopping to a Nygaard store and snapped a photo of this poster than hung above the counter because I was like what.

And today I learn this guy is a sex predator (allegedly)?  This guy?  I am SHOCKED. 

No one pumps their own tires like that without some seriously greasy stuff going on. (allegedly)

nygaard.jpg

11 hours ago, johnzo said:

I had never been in a Nygaard store or even heard of Peter Nygaard before 2016ish when I was home visiting my mom.  I took her shopping to a Nygaard store and snapped a photo of this poster than hung above the counter because I was like what.

And today I learn this guy is a sex predator (allegedly)?  This guy?  I am SHOCKED. 

No one pumps their own tires like that without some seriously greasy stuff going on. (allegedly)

nygaard.jpg

My sister did some interning at the Nygard lab in Winnipeg in the early 90's.  People warned her about him back then.  Thankfully, they never crossed paths.  This has been an open secret for a long long time.

I'm not sure if anyone goes on Winnipeg's subreddit but over the years their has been many stories about people working for Nygard and basically saying they were all harassed or abused. He would then go online and threaten legal action on them.

The local police have known for years that he's been like this and that he liked his young boys and girls. Sadly I guess money gets you out of almost everything....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This sickens me. About 30 years ago, my secretary told me that she had held a similar position at Nygard but left when it became apparent that Nygard was determined to screw anything and everything remotely female. It was different world then, alas. My late wife was a nurse who was sexually assaulted at HSC about that time but the perpetrator was pulled off her, but no charges were ever laid. Ugh.