Matt Lauer/Greg Zaun - when will this end??

kelownabomberfan

I was sexually assaulted by my Mother's cousin twice when I was 13. He grabbed my nuts when we were alone in a room on 2 separate occasions. Tried to pull my pants down. He was in his late 50's & I was afraid of him. I told my Mother but she refused to believe me. I said that I'd never go to his house ever again. That was in 1968.  It was frustrating as my parents were in denial that it happened. I remember wishing I could kill him. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was sexually assaulted by my Mother's cousin twice when I was 13. He grabbed my nuts when we were alone in a room on 2 separate occasions. Tried to pull my pants down. He was in his late 50's & I was afraid of him. I told my Mother but she refused to believe me. I said that I'd never go to his house ever again. That was in 1968.  It was frustrating as my parents were in denial that it happened. I remember wishing I could kill him. 

wow thats ******* awful

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

wow thats ******* awful

Yeah, different world back then.  I just think that when I told my parents it was too incomprehensible for them to believe.  The thing I  remember was not only would he grab my privates he would also squeeze very hard which was extremely painful & then laugh or smile, I can't remember. He didn't seem too worried about being found out. Today things would have been different.  I try not to dwell on it much as it was such a long time ago. Hopefully that bastard is burning in Hell. 

On 12/1/2017 at 4:58 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would like to see people accused have their day in a Court Of Law before being convicted in the Court Of Public Opinion. Amazing how someone can  come forward & write a letter on a Monday night & Lauer is fired the next morning. It's just open season right now. 

You can't possibly think that someone write a letter and the network said "well, darn, fire him" with zero evidence or compelling information to back it up.  I'd stro0ngly suspect in cases like that, the Network knows full well what they have on their hands are likely hoping beyond hope no one comes forward.  Then they do, and they act.

Again, YES, there are false allegations that get made.  In this entire thing since Harvey, show me the false allegation that brought someone down.  It hasnt happened.  In most cases, the guys involved are either admitting it or laying low.  In the few cases of stark denials, it rings rather hollow (Moore).

I generally believe in the idea that better 100 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man get convicted (who said that?) but this isnt that.  Anyone who hears these stories and sees whats happening and immediately identifies with the poor men needs to take a look in the mirror.

And yes, it is open season.  On harassers and abusers.  And whats wrong with that.  There are WAY more men in media, politics and entertainment who have not been accused of anything.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Political opportunism. 

On one hand yes, but on the other hand it's past the time for that kind of talk to go.  If Bezan had a shred of respect for women rattling around in his head, no political gain could have been had.

The Bezan "harrassment" claim is such a farce.  He made a joke about being in a threesome with rival political party members.. not that he wanted her naked and in bed.   I get it, it was in bad taste but to have it blow up tot this level of absurdness... after apologizing... and apologizing... and being cleared by the house of any  sexual harassment misconduct.. 

absolute farce.  I mean the guy even went thru sensitivity training (which is hilarious to me, what he did was NOT worth having to sit thru a betterment course!) and she still felt the need to rise up, stop everything and make this asinine claim against him.    Maybe, Just MAAAAAAAAAAYBE there is a bit of an over-reaction here?? Maybe she needs desensitization training to not take everything said as perverse or offensive.    Man alive I hate politically correctness bullshit.

18 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

The Bezan "harrassment" claim is such a farce.  He made a joke about being in a threesome with rival political party members.. not that he wanted her naked and in bed.   I get it, it was in bad taste but to have it blow up tot this level of absurdness... after apologizing... and apologizing... and being cleared by the house of any  sexual harassment misconduct.. 

absolute farce.  I mean the guy even went thru sensitivity training (which is hilarious to me, what he did was NOT worth having to sit thru a betterment course!) and she still felt the need to rise up, stop everything and make this asinine claim against him.    Maybe, Just MAAAAAAAAAAYBE there is a bit of an over-reaction here?? Maybe she needs desensitization training to not take everything said as perverse or offensive.    Man alive I hate politically correctness bullshit.

I hate that culture got to the point where sex assault became accepted behaviour.......I'll take some "overly political correctness" instead.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I hate that culture got to the point where sex assault became accepted behaviour.......I'll take some "overly political correctness" instead.

You honestly believe what transpired here was a sexual assault? 

While the Bezan case was not sexual assault, this whole thread is filled with stories that are.  A lot of people would also like to chalk those ones up to PC bullshit.

Bezan was in the wrong with his comments -  he realized and admitted as much the very next day.    Compared to the other stories in here, it's very minor, but then so was the punishment.  I'm sure guys like Weinstein would love for this to go away with an apology and taking a class or two.

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

While the Bezan case was not sexual assault, this whole thread is filled with stories that are.  A lot of people would also like to chalk those ones up to PC bullshit.

Bezan was in the wrong with his comments -  he realized and admitted as much the very next day.    Compared to the other stories in here, it's very minor, but then so was the punishment.  I'm sure guys like Weinstein would love for this to go away with an apology and taking a class or two.

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with 99.9995% of the stuff coming out as being very wrong and needing to be aired properly and to have the people who are guilty being made examples of.  This one tho, I just can't believe its caused as much consternation as it has through the government and media.   It was so tame in comparison..

wrong place for a joke, sure.  but thats what it was, a joke.  not a come on, not a grope, not a molestation. a joke directly related to what was happening at the time.. hell he didn't do it leerying at her while making the boobie grab motions.. he meant it as he said it,  different political parties together for a photo op. 

call him guilty of bad taste.. sure.   sexual harassment tho?   is it worth dragging someone thru the mud over?  His reputation is now going to be soiled because of an off-colour joke... i dunno man, this bothers me.

Where are you getting that he was accused of sexual harassment?  The Liberal MP, went through the proper channels and filed a complaint about his comments but in none of the stories I've seen, did she accuse him of harassment. 

The stories mention that the investigation ruled out harassment but that's not the same as being accused of it.   I don't see this a black cloud that'll follow him around for years & ruin his career.

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Where are you getting that he was accused of sexual harassment?  The Liberal MP, went through the proper channels and filed a complaint about his comments but in none of the stories I've seen, did she accuse him of harassment. 

The stories mention that the investigation ruled out harassment but that's not the same as being accused of it.   I don't see this a black cloud that'll follow him around for years & ruin his career.

you're joking right? of course its going to stick with him..  I accuse you, in the media, of leering at kids at a play ground... sure you didn't do it.. sure you don't get charged but guess what.. people will remember the connection between you and that accusation..

and this is from the headline from the globe and mail..

"Tory MP James Bezan accused of making ‘humiliating’ sexual comment"

an accusation via the media is just as damning to his constituents then one to the authorities..

again, if it was a legit complaint where he deliberately went out of his way a la Matt Lauer or Weinstein to be perverse, predatory or overly perverted... then have at.   this was a joke he made, not meant for group consumption I'd assume that has been blown WAY out of proportion.

The Bezan thing will go away quickly, because it was relatively minor. Just another example of how we need a full-body-off restoration of our culture. Things have to change...the way we speak has to change. The way we think has to change. It's been too wrong for too long. If it means we're "too PC" right now, then so be it....it's better than the other way.

29 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

you're joking right? of course its going to stick with him..  I accuse you, in the media, of leering at kids at a play ground... sure you didn't do it.. sure you don't get charged but guess what.. people will remember the connection between you and that accusation..

and this is from the headline from the globe and mail..

"Tory MP James Bezan accused of making ‘humiliating’ sexual comment"

an accusation via the media is just as damning to his constituents then one to the authorities..

again, if it was a legit complaint where he deliberately went out of his way a la Matt Lauer or Weinstein to be perverse, predatory or overly perverted... then have at.   this was a joke he made, not meant for group consumption I'd assume that has been blown WAY out of proportion.

It won't stick because as you even say, it's been blown way out of proportion (just like comparing it to leering at kids).   Anyone with half a brain can see that is was  a bad joke at a bad time... but they can't pretend it didn't happen.

He is not the 1st MP to say something stupid and won't be the last.  There was a Lib MP (Nicola Di Iorio) who made a similar stupid joke in March to a PC MP (Dianne Watts) and he had to publicly apologize too.  That was the end of it for him & this should be the end of it for Bezan as well. 

I havent seen too many examples of a one off situation sticking to someone in a major way.  All these instances now are multiple accusers, well vetted etc.  Look at Spacey,  it wasnt the first one that did him in.  Look at Takei, who seems to be weathering it okay.  How long did it take for Cosby to have issues? 

I think most people understand the difference between a joke, a stupid comment and a legitimate example of harassment.  Not everyone, but most.  But if a guy is making sexual jokes right now, he might not be a predator, but he's pretty stupid so theres that.