Matt Lauer/Greg Zaun - when will this end??

kelownabomberfan

20 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

I have to admit, I'm taken aback with how many of these claims have come forward against so many differenr personalities.. its sickening to be honest.  At some point tho, the lines between fact and fiction are going to blur.   It has to be looked at as all are guilty first and foremost in my mind.. cannot shame the victim even if they are not being 100% truthful or else others will be or continue to be fearful of coming forward..

I think the biggest issue is that some people might have multiple things said where not everything is true or accurate.  But that would put them in the position of saying "Yeah, I showed her my **** but I didnt send her a pic of it".  Splitting hairs.  The idea that everyone would say these things just to get people who are innocent isnt going to happen.  Thats not to say it couldnt happen.  We know false allegations do happen

But need only look at the Moore case to see why the benefit of doubt needs to be given to the accusers.  The story was properly vetted.  Accusers are reasonable.  As the story expands, it includes contemporaries that might not be accusers or witnesses but add layers to the accepted belief that Moore was a creep who pursued teenage girls.  Add in Moore changing his story from "I knew two of them" to "I dont know any of them and they are all liars".  The most important thing though, is is the right wing group that tries to set up the Post with a false story and was outted.  It shows the media isnt just rushing to print anything.

In the case of celebrities and anchor people and other assorted media/news employees that come forward, there is far more at risk for those accusers than whatever they might gain by making a false accusation.

4 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Kids, if you want to be a newscaster, don't go to FOX news, you'll lose your sense of right and wrong (seriously I keep seeing posts about how he used to be a legit newsperson, considering how long he's been doing this like since the 70's even being an usher at Sly Stone's MSG wedding)

of course this was probably long before he landed on enemy lines

So Charlie Rose worked at Fox News?  I think what this has exposed for me is that no one at any network is immune to this behavior.  I realize that there is a lot of hatred here for Fox News, but they aren't the only network breeding predators.  

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

So Charlie Rose worked at Fox News?  I think what this has exposed for me is that no one at any network is immune to this behavior.  I realize that there is a lot of hatred here for Fox News, but they aren't the only network breeding predators.  

no he worked for CBS and PBS, of course it doesn't matter what network you're on, you shouldn't do it period, it's just that FOX News has more nut cases

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

no he worked for CBS and PBS, of course it doesn't matter what network you're on, you shouldn't do it period, it's just that FOX News has more nut cases

It's all in the matter of your perspective as to what qualifies as a "nut case".  I find the uber-sanctimonious Don Lemon on CNN to be a "nut-case" too.  I don't think it will be long and something is going to come out about him too.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/viewers-speculate-don-lemon-drunk-nye-show-article-1.2482497

29 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Why is it always the men who get taken down?  A man touches a woman or another man and it's sexual assault.  A woman touches a man and it's just playful or whatever.  There are some creepy ass women out there too.

I think it's safe to assume men creeping on women happens a lot more often.  And then in the cases where women creep on men, it's a lot less likely that the man is going to care.  It is possible, of course, but far less likely.  And then you also have the stigma of reporting such a thing, as a man.  So there is a lot that goes into it.

We hear about unsolicited **** pics all the time but how often do people get a ****** pic out of nowhere?  Almost never.  Guys are simply more aggressive and women are more likely to be affected negatively by it.  Doesn't mean it can't happen the other way... it's just more rare and less likely to be a big enough issue for the man that he would report it.

Edited by Atomic
haha why is the medical term for a woman's genitalia censored

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think it's safe to assume men creeping on women happens a lot more often.  And then in the cases where women creep on men, it's a lot less likely that the man is going to care.  It is possible, of course, but far less likely.  And then you also have the stigma of reporting such a thing, as a man.  So there is a lot that goes into it.

We hear about unsolicited **** pics all the time but how often do people get a ****** pic out of nowhere?  Almost never.  Guys are simply more aggressive and women are more likely to be affected negatively by it.  Doesn't mean it can't happen the other way... it's just more rare and less likely to be a big enough issue for the man that he would report it.

Oh I know that.  But it feels like this world is turning into a "men are evil" type of world, when you know that it's happening the other way around as well, but most men are too ashamed to say anything or aren't going to be believed.

Edited by Logan007

17 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Oh I know that.  But it feels like this world is turning into a "men are evil" type of world, when you know that it's happening the other way around as well, but most men are too ashamed to say anything or aren't going to be believed.

Yeah I mean... it seems that way if you are locked into the news and stuff.  But my day to day life hasn't changed at all.  I'm still an all-powerful white male and I don't see that changing any time soon.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Absolutely.  I used to like FOX since Im more of a right-leaning person.  But their coverage of Trump has been laughingly biased.  But abusers and harassers come from all walks of life and political stripes.

53 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Why is it always the men who get taken down?  A man touches a woman or another man and it's sexual assault.  A woman touches a man and it's just playful or whatever.  There are some creepy ass women out there too.

I worked in nightclubs for a lot of years.  I have been touched, harassed, kissed, groped many times by women.  The difference is the power dynamic.  I was never at risk or threatened.  It doesnt make it right but its something to remember.  Also, in many of these cases its an employee/employer relationship (or at least, the man is in a power position).

I suspect most women who rise to a position of power in the corporate world likely suffered their fair share of harassment along the way and are less likely to repeat that behavior.  But Im sure it has happened.  There are women predators in the world.

In Regina for Labour Day  approx. 15 years ago, a young lady walked up to me, grabbed my junk, and tried to stuff her tongue in my mouth. I pulled away from her and she tried to do it again. When I backed up again, she asked if I was gay. I can't remember what I said, but it wasn't very nice and she leaned in a bit my shoulder. It was pretty messed up. 

This really has nothing to do with powerful men harassing women. Just a funny story about me being sexually assaulted.

7 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

In Regina for Labour Day  approx. 15 years ago, a young lady walked up to me, grabbed my junk, and tried to stuff her tongue in my mouth. I pulled away from her and she tried to do it again. When I backed up again, she asked if I was gay. I can't remember what I said, but it wasn't very nice and she leaned in a bit my shoulder. It was pretty messed up. 

This really has nothing to do with powerful men harassing women. Just a funny story about me being sexually assaulted.

Maybe you resembled her brother...?

Seriously, though, the floodgates have sure been blow open since Weinstein's disgusting behaviour came to light.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I worked in nightclubs for a lot of years.  I have been touched, harassed, kissed, groped many times by women.  The difference is the power dynamic.  I was never at risk or threatened.  It doesnt make it right but its something to remember.  Also, in many of these cases its an employee/employer relationship (or at least, the man is in a power position).

I suspect most women who rise to a position of power in the corporate world likely suffered their fair share of harassment along the way and are less likely to repeat that behavior.  But Im sure it has happened.  There are women predators in the world.

ha ha when I was a lot younger I went to what was considered the "Cougar bar" in Kelowna, the Eldorado, on a Friday night, totally naïve.  I tried to walk across from the door to the patio and by the time I got there my butt was bruised from being pinched and grabbed by drunk horny older women.  Definitely not just a guy thing all right.

3 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I have to admit, I'm taken aback with how many of these claims have come forward against so many differenr personalities.. its sickening to be honest.  At some point tho, the lines between fact and fiction are going to blur.   It has to be looked at as all are guilty first and foremost in my mind.. cannot shame the victim even if they are not being 100% truthful or else others will be or continue to be fearful of coming forward..

I would like to see people accused have their day in a Court Of Law before being convicted in the Court Of Public Opinion. Amazing how someone can  come forward & write a letter on a Monday night & Lauer is fired the next morning. It's just open season right now. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think the biggest issue is that some people might have multiple things said where not everything is true or accurate.  But that would put them in the position of saying "Yeah, I showed her my **** but I didnt send her a pic of it".  Splitting hairs.  The idea that everyone would say these things just to get people who are innocent isnt going to happen.  Thats not to say it couldnt happen.  We know false allegations do happen

But need only look at the Moore case to see why the benefit of doubt needs to be given to the accusers.  The story was properly vetted.  Accusers are reasonable.  As the story expands, it includes contemporaries that might not be accusers or witnesses but add layers to the accepted belief that Moore was a creep who pursued teenage girls.  Add in Moore changing his story from "I knew two of them" to "I dont know any of them and they are all liars".  The most important thing though, is is the right wing group that tries to set up the Post with a false story and was outted.  It shows the media isnt just rushing to print anything.

In the case of celebrities and anchor people and other assorted media/news employees that come forward, there is far more at risk for those accusers than whatever they might gain by making a false accusation.

oh I agree... I bet its going to be 98 to 1 if not higher of truthful accusations versus someone being petty... its just going to be a ***** to figure out those petty ones from the actual predators... I hate seeing innocent people getting ruined, be it from accusations or false arrests or whatever the case may be..  I don't think for a moment these claims and firings and whatnot shouldn't be happening.. I'm very happy that the world has exposed so many of these creeps and attackers.

On 12/1/2017 at 2:58 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I would like to see people accused have their day in a Court Of Law before being convicted in the Court Of Public Opinion. Amazing how someone can  come forward & write a letter on a Monday night & Lauer is fired the next morning. It's just open season right now. 

I don't think you should need to go to court to fire someone.,

I suspect that when a guy of Lauer's stature is canned so quickly, that there's some open secrets in his workplace that we're not privy to. Firing him is risky, he's a big star and has gobs of money to fight this if he wants.  You have to think that the beancounters and producers figured out that the risk of keeping him and being sued into oblivion for enabling a sex criminal was greater.

He's also semi-confessed and semi-apologized, so it's not like he's denying he's been a creep.  And that whole thing about his desk  button that would lock his office door is just gross.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I don't think you should need to go to court to fire someone.,

I suspect that when a guy of Lauer's stature is canned so quickly, that there's some open secrets in his workplace that we're not privy to. Firing him is risky, he's a big star and has gobs of money to fight this if he wants.  You have to think that the beancounters and producers figured out that the risk of keeping him and being sued into oblivion for enabling a sex criminal was greater.

He's also semi-confessed and semi-apologized, so it's not like he's denying he's been a creep.  And that whole thing about his desk  button that would lock his office door is just gross.

He's asking $30 million in severance. Others can't fight back which is why these things need to go to court. Everyone deserves their day in front of a judge & jury.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 12/1/2017 at 3:47 PM, sweep the leg said:

Yeah ive had some thing similar happen on the bus.