Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zontar

Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Makes total sense. I did not know that but it explains a lot. If Reynolds, as he mentioned on a radio interview a couple months ago, sticks to his plan of more online interaction with the fan base and the team launches it's own forum the defections from Riderfans will be en masse to get away from their moderators.  CRF better clean up his act before then or he will have the Riders equivalent of OurBombers on his hands. He already downgraded that site big time after he was too cheap to back up his site and it completely vanished only to be brought back in a substandard way.

interesting I did not know that the site was under new ownership. Was the original owner a fellow named "Champs" or "Chaps" I remember some one that use to post over on the old TOTALCFL site before the Aussie took over - creating a site for Rider fans. I thought he still ran it so to speak? I post over there every so often and keep it very very neutral as i do agree it seems that it is easy to get banded over there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BBRT said:

interesting I did not know that the site was under new ownership. Was the original owner a fellow named "Champs" or "Chaps" I remember some one that use to post over on the old TOTALCFL site before the Aussie took over - creating a site for Rider fans. I thought he still ran it so to speak? I post over there every so often and keep it very very neutral as i do agree it seems that it is easy to get banded over there.

CRF took over the site a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

CRF took over the site a few years ago.

Was the original creator and owner of the site someone who went by the handle "Chaps"? Always wonder where all the old posters from TotalCFL ended up? I never go to the site now but do remember the early years when just about everyone that went on to form other sites was posting there (including Colin Unger - Mookie in those days).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://globalnews.ca/news/4055937/rick-zamperin-johnny-manziel-closes-to-door-on-the-ticats-cfl/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+globalnews%2FOCNr+(Global+News-Rick+Zamperin+√+++)

 

Just saw this in the twitter feed on the side of the page.

 

Doesn't sound like anyone will be doing any Ed McMahon impersonations "Heeerrreeee's Johnny!!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4055937/rick-zamperin-johnny-manziel-closes-to-door-on-the-ticats-cfl/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+globalnews%2FOCNr+(Global+News-Rick+Zamperin+√+++)

 

Just saw this in the twitter feed on the side of the page.

 

Doesn't sound like anyone will be doing any Ed McMahon impersonations "Heeerrreeee's Johnny!!!"

Good......but who starts for the Als this summer? I'm legitimately curious what the f*** they're going to do over there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ready for the onslaught of hurt feelings but:

IIRC after Trestman left  Dan Hawkins eventually tried to go back to Trestmans offense but Calvillo couldn't teach it after playing in it for years.

Also while playing, his team mates weren't allowed to speak to him on the sidelines.

Besides his dismal track record I have no idea why anyone believes Calvillo has any chance of being a good coach.

Letting him go is IMO the best thing Kavis has done for Montreal.

 

Let the flaming begin:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I'm ready for the onslaught of hurt feelings but:

IIRC after Trestman left  Dan Hawkins eventually tried to go back to Trestmans offense but Calvillo couldn't teach it after playing in it for years.

Also while playing, his team mates weren't allowed to speak to him on the sidelines.

Besides his dismal track record I have no idea why anyone believes Calvillo has any chance of being a good coach.

Letting him go is IMO the best thing Kavis has done for Montreal.

 

Let the flaming begin:)

Sure, it was all AC's fault... 

Related image

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I'm ready for the onslaught of hurt feelings but:

IIRC after Trestman left  Dan Hawkins eventually tried to go back to Trestmans offense but Calvillo couldn't teach it after playing in it for years.

Also while playing, his team mates weren't allowed to speak to him on the sidelines.

Besides his dismal track record I have no idea why anyone believes Calvillo has any chance of being a good coach.

Letting him go is IMO the best thing Kavis has done for Montreal.

 

Let the flaming begin:)

From what I recall, it wasn't that he couldn't teach them - he didn't want to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I'm ready for the onslaught of hurt feelings but:

IIRC after Trestman left  Dan Hawkins eventually tried to go back to Trestmans offense but Calvillo couldn't teach it after playing in it for years.

Also while playing, his team mates weren't allowed to speak to him on the sidelines.

Besides his dismal track record I have no idea why anyone believes Calvillo has any chance of being a good coach.

Letting him go is IMO the best thing Kavis has done for Montreal.

 

Let the flaming begin:)

hans-get-me-ze-flammenwerfer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a person is naturally gifted at something they might not make a great coach.  Explaining what you see isn't helpful if your student doesn't have the ability to see the same thing.  The great teachers all have the ability to teach more than one way.

I have no idea if Calvillo is a good QB coach or not.  There's probably only 10 people in the world who could speak on that subject - the QBs and coaches he works with.

If all he does is show them how he does it, he might not be a good coach, because they probably aren't Anthony Calvillo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, BBRT said:

Was the original creator and owner of the site someone who went by the handle "Chaps"? Always wonder where all the old posters from TotalCFL ended up? I never go to the site now but do remember the early years when just about everyone that went on to form other sites was posting there (including Colin Unger - Mookie in those days).

Yeah, it was Chaps. He was a Rider fan first but also a CFL fan. I'm still friends with him on facebook but I won't say his name.  He is a great guy.  I remember CRF as a poster over there before he owned the place. He seemed like a decent guy but things really changed when he took over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mykaussie killed Total CFL. Wanted members to pay to post. Well **** that.  It's still around but it's nothing now. It was the original CFL discussion site & was huge.  Not anymore.  Every CFL site is virtually gone now. Fans stick close to home with their teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I haven't posted on that site for over a decade. I think anyone from here or any other CFL fanbase who posts over there is just wasting their time. 

Couldnt agree more. Every time I see a post with people complaining about RF, or a topic all I can imagine is putting your hand on a hot element repeatedly and getting angry that it keeps burning you. 

Ac, trestman, and  ricky ray. James franklin is in an incredible situation. 

Its also great to have steinauer back coaching in the league.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mykaussie killed Total CFL. Wanted members to pay to post. Well **** that.  It's still around but it's nothing now. It was the original CFL discussion site & was huge.  Not anymore.  Every CFL site is virtually gone now. Fans stick close to home with their teams. 

Yeah I remember how great it was before Mykaussie took over. I think he is the only one posting anything there although I do see GWN (Great White North) still posting there. I remember when I first started over there at the beginning - everyone was there and really some great discussions going on! There was a poster there by the name of Nanook (I think he was Canadian Military - stationed up in Cold Lake I think). We use to really get into it but all in good fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tracker said:

Does this mean that all is forgiven and they are now besties? Anyways, he is a talented player and an asset to the league, apart from the petulance.

Not the first athlete to threaten to walk away to get a new deal. Won't be the last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not the first athlete to threaten to walk away to get a new deal. Won't be the last. 

cough cough milt. Yeah the sins of the off season are quickly forgotten once you score a td in the next season. He is an uber talented athlete. If he ever starts running with any portion of andrew harris' heart and determination he will be un stoppable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...