Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Its going to be painful if we watch top DCs move around while Walters/Osh discuss Hall's future and then ultimately decide there's just a few 'tweaks' to be made...

Get Nelson in here now...!!!  This is a GC team with Nelson - not all that different from Hall in a lot of ways just way way more aggressive

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Its going to be painful if we watch top DCs move around while Walters/Osh discuss Hall's future and then ultimately decide there's just a few 'tweaks' to be made...

Get Nelson in here now...!!!  This is a GC team with Nelson - not all that different from Hall in a lot of ways just way way more aggressive

Did you see Ottawa's defense get shredded in the playoffs? And that was to the Riders not even Reilly and the Eskimos. 

18 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We're looking for a rookie. ^_^

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Implying that our coaching staff doesn't have legitimacy already? I mean for **** sakes both Lapo and Hall have been head coaches in this league! Not like the Bombers have a bunch of nobodies coaching them. 

Both were unemployed when we hired them, possibly even past their best before dates but they were good enough to replace Marcel and Gary, which isn't saying much.

46 minutes ago, pigseye said:

He's still one of the best DC's in the league. Nelson was doing a fine job in Ottawa, wasn't really any reason to replace him except that someone better came on the market.

He found ways to get pressure on BLM in the 2016 GC, after BLM had literally been playing QB in his living room all season. 

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Both were unemployed when we hired them, possibly even past their best before dates but they were good enough to replace Marcel and Gary, which isn't saying much.

LaPolice had a good gig with TSN, so it isn't like he was just at home on the couch eating cheetos. And just because he replaced Bellefeuille doesn't mean his hiring should be diminished. The offense was the least of the team's problems for the bulk of the season, if not the strongest phase of the team.

18 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Maybe we can get permission to talk to Mark Nelson now that he is no longer DC.

I think Nick Nolte would look good in Blue and Gold again. 

Image result for nick nolte gif

Even with a nutjob as a HC in 2009 he still put a pretty good D on the field.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think Nick Nolte would look good in Blue and Gold again. 

Image result for nick nolte gif

Even with a nutjob as a HC in 2009 he still put a pretty good D on the field.

I really liked Nelson's defense.. I wouldn't mind that move at all..

15 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

LaPolice had a good gig with TSN, so it isn't like he was just at home on the couch eating cheetos. And just because he replaced Bellefeuille doesn't mean his hiring should be diminished. The offense was the least of the team's problems for the bulk of the season, if not the strongest phase of the team.

Still out of coaching and had taken a career as a TSN panelist. Nichols and Harris get my credit for making the offence go.

JJ is pumping Johnny Football's tires hard.

Warren Moon?  Seriously? 

“I could plug him in very, very easily. I think he’s I worked him out twice and his arm strength is much better than I thought it was,” Jones continued. “I really think if he makes a commitment to come up here for three or four years that he’ll write his own ticket if he wants to go play in the NFL again. It’ll be a Warren Moon situation, to be quite honest. I think he has the potential to be a great football player

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/12/04/jones-says-plug-manziel-ticats-offence-easily/

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

I saw our D get shredded too

nelson is a proven commodity - ottawas problem was letting too much talent walk in the offseason

Hall is a proven commodity too, thought of so highly at one point he was given a head coaching position. So if talent is key for a defensive coordinator can we honestly say this team had enough talent? Linebackers were an issue most of the season, secondary had some issues this year... 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hall is a proven commodity too, thought of so highly at one point he was given a head coaching position. So if talent is key for a defensive coordinator can we honestly say this team had enough talent? Linebackers were an issue most of the season, secondary had some issues this year... 

I've said before that Richie hall with mo Lloyd is a grey cup D...  without an absolute beast in the middle, you're done for

sigb muamba and keep hall - sure?

i just think Nelson gets more out of wild and santosknox than hall will

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I've said before that Richie hall with mo Lloyd is a grey cup D...  without an absolute beast in the middle, you're done for

Muamba isn't a free agent. And I'm not sure if Hall's system (as it was implemented in 2017) is a MLB away from being a championship defense.

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If Wild hadn't been hurt all year there would have been less issues with the linebackers, but as it was he barely played. 

So if we're lacking quality at a position blame the coordinator? Some people are just so committed to the idea that Ritchie Hall is the source of all the woes on this team. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

If Wild hadn't been hurt all year there would have been less issues with the linebackers, but as it was he barely played. 

So if we're lacking quality at a position blame the coordinator? Some people are just so committed to the idea that Ritchie Hall is the source of all the woes on this team. 

Hall is definitely one of the reason's along with about 3 or 4 players on D. If the DC can't stand up to the HC, when he is obviously wrong on his starters, then he needs to either grow a pair or hit the road because he is of absolutely no use just going through the motions.

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Um the post you're quoting said I would be fine with Hall staying if we signed an all star level MLB

Wild is not an MLB - tried that already, he's better as WIL

maybe you're too committed to arguing...?