Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

13 minutes ago, Zontar said:

P PlPl PPlIn light of this hire can we all stop pretending Herb Zukowsky is an insider. Where was he on this file. Either guessing or repeating other rumours. Its his own beat for pity's sake

minor stroke whilst posting or..? ;)

Edited by SPuDS

51 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Thing with Bridge is, he always came into games after the fact. He rarely started. Hard to maintain that success if your starting every week. But we will see. Glenn is Glenn...he'll put up his numbers and all the fans will be convinced they are GC bound. Then Glenn will remind them all why he's been on almost every team.

I honestly think the SSK Defence will be a force next year. They have the secondary/Dline and LB's assuming the key pieces are back.

Not sold on Sask secondary...Jovon ain't getting any younger and he was only adequate last year. No safety whatsoever...Gainey was playing over his head and extremely lucky..all but 3 of his picks came in what 2 games and those ones were utter gifts. He got burned/exposed just as often as he made a significant impact..after that..they have???...largely unproven guys really. Not starter material that would supplant many guys on teams around the league.

D-line...wayyy undersized and no real dominant player other than Jefferson...and linebackers are alright but not world beaters by any means

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Not sold on Sask secondary...Jovon ain't getting any younger and he was only adequate last year. No safety whatsoever...Gainey was playing over his head and extremely lucky..all but 3 of his picks came in what 2 games and those ones were utter gifts. He got burned/exposed just as often as he made a significant impact..after that..they have???...largely unproven guys really. Not starter material that would supplant many guys on teams around the league.

D-line...wayyy undersized and no real dominant player other than Jefferson...and linebackers are alright but not world beaters by any means

Yeah any team that has to play a receiver at DB is not going to list the secondary as a strength IMO. 

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

We'll see what Sherman's all about. Easy to look good with a hall of fame QB. Still only 2-4 in the post season with some very good Greenbay Packer teams.. as an  OC in Houston and Miami he was around middle to worst in terms of offense.. still better then Gary fricking Crowton. Next up the Als need a QB or Sherman's stay won't be very long. 

But will he be bringing Mr. Peabody with him?

Mike Sherman seems like a good man but knows absolutely nothing about the CFL. I feel sorry for him having to work for Kavis Reed & Joe Mack. You know he won't get a lot of help from those 2 & they'll be so busy covering their butts if the Als get off to a bad start. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, Zontar said:

ln light of this hire can we all stop pretending Herb Zukowsky is an insider. Where was he on this file. Either guessing or repeating other rumours. Its his own beat for pity's sake

Yeah, he comes in second (at best) on Als rumours.

He seems like he hates his job. I follow him on twitter and he's always pissy about something. I don't think that Didier whatshisname likes him much either. Herb corrected a tweet of his and Didier basically told him to **** off.

17 hours ago, Booch said:

I totally forgot about Jovon. I meant mostly that they have key pieces in every spot. Gainey, Jefferson, Muamba. They really only need to add a few more to get there. It's true that Gainey was gifted A LOT. But  you don't get double digit INTs by accident. I hope to god they fall flat on their face, but I honestly see them doing well next year on the Defensive side of the ball.