Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

44 minutes ago, bluto said:

You can't think that Popp would've made the deal without an understanding in place? 

Understandings and signed contracts are horses of a dif. colour...you know that Bluto...It appears to be a done deal,I'll agree but this is the CFL and strange things occur...Never count a horse until you have him in the barn...We did that one time with a guy by the name of Kari Kari years ago and a signed faxed contract that went sideways...I know Franklin is no hairy Kari but until the signed contract is registered there's still a lot in play...I would say Franklin will 'most likely' be an Argo with, let's say , an asterisk beside the name;) 

Riderfans are trying to spin that there is no way that Franklin signs anywhere but the Riders. The most funny is the resurgence of the "drawer contract" with Franklin that Ed Hervey sent to the league that made Franklin angry. Here's the thing....all CFL contracts must be notarized and signed within 7 days of execution with the league. The "desk drawer" contract was simply a negotiated extension that Franklin signed...nothing more. They are trying to spin it that Hervey made Franklin sign two contracts when he came into the league and waited until the last minute before FA and executed the 3rd year despite Franklin's objection. What a load of crap. Apparently multiple forum members there have CFL office insiders that fed them this info....lmao. I can't believe Stronson, Rotor, and RDavidson are still banging this drum.

Edited by gcn11

18 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

If I am Franklin, there is no way I sign in Toronto unless Ray is gone or my signing bonus is like 500K...

Why's that?  Sure, he may not be starting if Ray is still there but the opportunity to learn from Trestman and Ray plus play for the Grey Cup champs?   sign a fat, incentive laden deal and know you are going to be starting a fair bit due to Ray's injury woes and/or just to spell him off.. take the reigns next year or year after while Ray transitions to retire/coach.. 

I can't see why he wouldn't want to be in Toronto to be honest.  keep an out open for NFL tryouts and bide your time.  Reilly ain't retiring anytime soon.. getting out of EDM was wise.. and sure, the allure of starting now is bright and shiny but the chance of falling flat on your face is just as plausible. 

17 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Why's that?  Sure, he may not be starting if Ray is still there but the opportunity to learn from Trestman and Ray plus play for the Grey Cup champs?   sign a fat, incentive laden deal and know you are going to be starting a fair bit due to Ray's injury woes and/or just to spell him off.. take the reigns next year or year after while Ray transitions to retire/coach.. 

I can't see why he wouldn't want to be in Toronto to be honest.  keep an out open for NFL tryouts and bide your time.  Reilly ain't retiring anytime soon.. getting out of EDM was wise.. and sure, the allure of starting now is bright and shiny but the chance of falling flat on your face is just as plausible. 

Plus, east division. You gotta be real bad to not get that playoff money!

4 hours ago, Rich said:

I wonder if they did this before or after they saw how he cooked the books to accommodate the carousel of players he ran through there last season? That whole organization is complicit AFAIC. I've got a feeling we haven't seen anything yet. 

Rider_Bribe.jpg