Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

Well.... roster cut down day comes and instead of pink slips Huffs handing out RRSP pamphlets with the words "See you soon" inside. I would hope there is a provision in place that would force a player who declares "retirement" in a year to at the very least forfeit their eligibility to resume playing that year or these rash of retirements is nothing but a joke loop hole to roster # management 

Buckley's going to med school, per the article. Doesn't sound like sneaky roster management.

Congrats to Buckley on his med school admission and all the best to him in his next act.  Winning a couple Hec Creightons while doing pre-med in university, that's a pretty serious accomplishment, deserves respect.

Looks like lokombo is going back to BC. Feel like we are tight to the cap going into camp. Or to our limit considering PR expansion and air lifts. At the same time I think it wont be too big a problem going forward. We have depth at positions with some larger contracts, (ogopogo, neuf) and a few guys who miss a chunk each year. Either we save money or have some key guys all year. I hope we pick up a big body fb at some point though. 

Jon Keen:

. @BCLions coach Wally Buono says he's "going to be more reckless...try even harder to win," in his last season as Lions HC. Says "what are they going to do fire me?" Adding it would only start his retirement earlier. #CFL

Ummm, if I was a BC fan I might not know how to interpret this . . .

19 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Jon Keen:

. @BCLions coach Wally Buono says he's "going to be more reckless...try even harder to win," in his last season as Lions HC. Says "what are they going to do fire me?" Adding it would only start his retirement earlier. #CFL

Ummm, if I was a BC fan I might not know how to interpret this . . .

"YOLO"

47 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Carter stepping down for personal reasons but will be staying with the Als as a scout. Rich Stubler taking over as DC.

The life of a coach demands hard hours and an incredible amount of time away from family.  It's not for everyone.  Good on the Als for allowing him to remain on as a scout.

Carter both ways is soooooo stupid..he got a gimme pick last year..other times he was beat easily but Qb didn't get ball there.. I just dont get that thought process as if anything hurts them on both sides of ball more than benefits them.

Online is gonna be awful there..and no Richardson..seen that coming..he doesnt want to be back in that crap hole

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Carter both ways is soooooo stupid..he got a gimme pick last year..other times he was beat easily but Qb didn't get ball there.. I just dont get that thought process as if anything hurts them on both sides of ball more than benefits them.

Online is gonna be awful there..and no Richardson..seen that coming..he doesnt want to be back in that crap hole

No no no no, it was the greatest defensive play any player in any sport has ever made.

Just now, lyin' guy said:

Why? 

Where to begin?  Not one part of that tweet sounds like a recipe for success, aside from Bond at guard.

Carter going both ways is a joke.  Having that much of a question mark at LT when you are bringing in notoriously shell-shocked Zach Collaros is asking for trouble.  Eguavoen is a band-aid.  Ojo at field corner is over-paying massively for a spot usually manned by a rookie.  A Canadian to start at LB..... and who would that be???  Hurl who we know sucks, or Judge who may or may not suck?  He certainly hasn't proven anything.  It's more Chris Jones "wizardry" and it's been pretty disastrous so far and I don't see why it won't continue to be.