Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

7 hours ago, Stickem said:

Bridge burnt and disintegrated ....Don't see him coming back here after he walked out on us...He's high on Mike O's poop list I'm afraid....most likely never to be heard from again...

If the all-wise all-seeing  Chris Jones has seen fit to dismiss Mr. Thorpe, what chance does anyone else have to see potential in him?

14 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Too bad for James Tuck. I feel bad for him.

This might lead the CFLPA to push for changes...such as no vets allowed in mini-camps. Or at least no non-QB vets.

?? don't see that happening at all. No vets cause they might get injured? He could have blown his achilles running up the stairs. It's better it happened to him now. He can get to work on recovery and be ready for playoffs/next season.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:14 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

Riders cut WR Blaszco, RB Augustine and WR/KR Ford 

Blaszco was traded by Bombers to Riders for a 2018 conditional draft choice - possibly that pick is gone now. 

We already have LaFrance, but I'll take the honor of asking - any interest on Augustine?  :)

Is he from Winnipeg?  If not, then no.

Further to police vs blacks in the US:

A video of a former Edmonton Eskimo defensive back being slammed to the ground during an arrest in Georgia has gone viral, raising questions about the conduct of the officers.

Desmond Marrow, who was a member of Eskimos in 2013 and 2014, posted details of his Dec. 2 arrest in a Facebook post last Thursday. The post included video of the incident in which Marrow is heard telling officers that he is not fighting back as they slam him to the ground and begin to choke him.

33 minutes ago, tracker said:

Further to police vs blacks in the US:

A video of a former Edmonton Eskimo defensive back being slammed to the ground during an arrest in Georgia has gone viral, raising questions about the conduct of the officers.

Desmond Marrow, who was a member of Eskimos in 2013 and 2014, posted details of his Dec. 2 arrest in a Facebook post last Thursday. The post included video of the incident in which Marrow is heard telling officers that he is not fighting back as they slam him to the ground and begin to choke him.

I saw that on FB the other morning. It was disgusting.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I don’t know where to leave this, but I just discovered that a third Ralph brother is currently on the Argos. 

Needless to say, I’m quite happy we didn’t draft pick him. 

What, no hat trick? Its enough to make me ralph.

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

I don’t know where to leave this, but I just discovered that a third Ralph brother is currently on the Argos. 

Needless to say, I’m quite happy we didn’t draft pick him. 

Jimmy Ralph.  No one used a draft pick on him... he went undrafted and came in, played 16 games and put up 26 receptions for 278 yards.

Better rookie season than any Canadian receiver we've drafted in the last 30 years or so.

17 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Jimmy Ralph.  No one used a draft pick on him... he went undrafted and came in, played 16 games and put up 26 receptions for 278 yards.

Better rookie season than any Canadian receiver we've drafted in the last 30 years or so.

Watson says hello

22 minutes ago, Engelwood said:

Watson says hello

Watson had one fewer yard and eleven fewer catches but he did have one TD to Ralph's zero.  I'll call that one a tie at best but as a whole I still think Jimmy's year was better.

Still, that was 2010 and outside of Watson, no one else even comes close.  I'd take Jimmy Ralph on our team for sure.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Watson had one fewer yard and eleven fewer catches but he did have one TD to Ralph's zero.  I'll call that one a tie at best but as a whole I still think Jimmy's year was better.

Still, that was 2010 and outside of Watson, no one else even comes close.  I'd take Jimmy Ralph on our team for sure.

He had Ricky Ray throwing him the ball, Put any of these 3 or Watson with Ray and they would out preform a Ralph every year.

Markus Howell
Arjei Franklin
Even the legend of Aaron Hargeaves had a better season at 30 rec and 292 yards

And I would stay miles away from anyone named Ralph