Around The League: 2018 Offseason

Zontar

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Konar got a $300k deal over 2 years.  My prediction.  He’s a free agent again next off-season.  That’s an absurd contract for a very average player.

I expect players to be a little 'overpaid' at FA, but that's quite a big contract. Some lofty expectations there.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Konar got a $300k deal over 2 years.  My prediction.  He’s a free agent again next off-season.  That’s an absurd contract for a very average player.

We just paid $130k for a 300-400 yard receiver...  $10k less than Adarius Bowman...

This is the NI price - you're paying for youth and for potential ratio-breaker...

12 minutes ago, Floyd said:

We just paid $130k for a 300-400 yard receiver...  $10k less than Adarius Bowman...

This is the NI price - you're paying for youth and for potential ratio-breaker...

Demski is a for sure starter.  Konar is a role player.  If he's starting they are in big trouble, as their D was last season.  

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Hmmmm....Konar is a good NI linebacker, but not that good, so far as he has been able to prove. Potential is not proof.

Edited by tracker

Just had to add this:

Listening to Saskatchewan sports radio today (650 & 620) and the commentators were almost hyperventilating on how great the Rider signings were today...I heard things like "we undoubtedly have the best D-line in the league right now" and "Riders definetly Grey Cup contender now".

Sigh! This kind of stuff never ends here in Greenland! (We don't have comedy shows here per see but we do have Rider radio!)

Edited by blueingreenland