Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How is Spooner a free agent?  We just drafted him.

He ended the season on the practice roster so he's currently a free agent. Not sure if the Bombers wanted to keep him around and he declined or if they just decided to let him go.  Maybe they are able to put him on their neg list.

Whats interesting is last week the Bombers put practice roster guys Jervaris Jones and Myles White on the injured list but not Spooner.

These guys are now free agents:

Zach Bauman
Robert Porter
Kyrie Wilson
Shayon Green
Ian Marouf

Frank Renaud
Qadr Spooner
Darnell Walker

11 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't think Bond will be NFL bound. I think he comes back.

We didn't seem to miss a lot with him down..Neuf did way better than I thought and we could roll with him next year as Spooner and Couture get more seasoned and or Gray ends up here . Let Bond test the waters in Nfl or hear and then see if and how he could fit in our SMS.

If we plan on utilizing and expanding on the Harris and an Import back scenario  I'd like us to stick with 3 Nationals on the line and use money Bond would require and go hard after Powell from Ottawa..Imagine a dilema with him and Harris in the backfield??..yikes

Would save a ton of wear and tear on Harris

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

He ended the season on the practice roster so he's currently a free agent. Not sure if the Bombers wanted to keep him around and he declined or if they just decided to let him go.  Maybe they are able to put him on their neg list.

Whats interesting is last week the Bombers put practice roster guys Jervaris Jones and Myles White on the injured list but not Spooner.

These guys are now free agents:

Zach Bauman
Robert Porter
Kyrie Wilson
Shayon Green
Ian Marouf

Frank Renaud
Qadr Spooner
Darnell Walker

I'm thinking Spooner has a deal set for 2018...so that be the resson...Team is high on White so probably didn't want him to be scooped up

I just think given how much some of our other Canadians were a detriment on D, especially when Westerman got hurt, that it behooves the Bombers to explore 3 Canadians on the offensive line. They drafted heavily there, if that is what we're spending picks on we gotta see a benefit in the ratio at that position. 

Bond was massive in turning that position on offence around and into a strength, but I think it's time for that change to happen. 

was there any actual determination of what his injury was other than upper body?...I'm hearing it is possible concussion issues...

We need to roll on defense with just 2 Canadians next year and having 3 National lineman on offense does the least impact and won't really affect offensive production. 

We have Loffler as a given and as it sits now we roll any one of Corney/Ekakite/Westerman (who is a must resign) in the D-line rotation.

Ideally if we could land Mulumba  I would like to see modified 3-4 looks where in lots of looks you would have a Westerman/Jeffcoat and Mulumba lined up as "Linebacker" but one would be an edge rusher/blitzer and the other more involved in what Hurl was "supposed" to be doing . 

Would cause constant O-line confusion and create tons of pressure especially in blitz packages....we need an aggressive front 7 style to limit time for routes to develop and have QB's always feeling like they are rushed and the  O-line always trying to determine where the pressure is coming from

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I would also try my best to get 2 Canadian receivers as a regular feature too. We don't have good enough American receivers to justify it so might as well get ratio spot fillers there. 

Fair point. If scouting at that position does not improve - they may as well at least use it to help with ratio flexibility.

On the radio Bauming made it seem like they would focus on Bryant and Hardrick and let Bond walk.    

He also suggested it was likely that Medlock is gone if the kid they drafted last year is ready to go this season.

I really don't see the team having issues re-signing the guys they like.... players love playing for this club and this coach.   I definitely see Randle,  Leggett,  Heath , and Neufeld coming back.   

11 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'd be okay with moving on from a lot of these guys.. I'd love to see Hardick and Bryant back on offence, and the trio of Randle, Heath, and Leggett (assuming he is healthy) I'd also bring back Wild, Dressler, Medlock, and Westerman only if they decided to take paycuts because quite frankly they weren't worth their salary this season. Everyone else on this list I'm in different about. I wouldn't mind have Flanders back either but he may be looking for a starting position on another team and I wouldn't blame him for wanting the opportunity to start.. I didn't even include Bond because i assume he's NFL bound. 

Flanders is starting here just not at RB, he should be happy to return and Harris should be happy if they bring him back. 

I'm expecting Walters to preempt F.A. by announcing there will not be as many "big splash" signings as in past years due to budgetary restrictions, just to keep expectations in check.  One problem with having a straight shooting, nice guy GM in charge instead of a hard-nosed prick like Wally, Jones or Barker is that he probably pays his vet. players a little too fairly across the board and in an environment like the CFL to stay competitive sometimes the "meat-market" approach gets more bang for the buck finding bargains. 

42 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm thinking Spooner has a deal set for 2018...so that be the resson...Team is high on White so probably didn't want him to be scooped up

yea I'd imagine this is just a transaction technique.. I mean the kid declined BC's request to jump ship.. and I'm sure the bombers respected the hell out of that so I'd figure they told him, don't worry that you are on the PR right now, you'll get a contract next season for sure or something to that extent.

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I would also try my best to get 2 Canadian receivers as a regular feature too. We don't have good enough American receivers to justify it so might as well get ratio spot fillers there. 

ya but at the same time, we could also FA/find a couple of american receivers to pump up that group.. I think putting two Canadians into our receiving core could be a bad idea. though, Coates sure looked like a different player this last 3rd of the season.  wouldn't be a terrible fall back option for the ratio if we can't jig it properly on O-line or defense.

22 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Agree again.  I would re-sign Dressler and JFG and then make a push for Eric Rogers to replace Denmark.  In my dreams I would like to see a starting 5 at receiver of :

Adams, Dressler, Rogers, Wolitarsky, JFG/Coates (share the spot).

I know I'm probably harping a little too much on Wolitarsky, but I honestly think he Jhansi the potential to be our version of Zylstra.

Looking at that list I think you have to wonder who is in for big raises. We already fit under the cap (I'm assuming) with them this year, so its more about whether their salaries will increase next year. My initial thoughts:

Around same $$: Bryant, Feoli-Gudino, Normand, LeFevour, Randle, Hurl, Nevis,

Increase: Hardrick, Bond, Foketi, Spooner, Flanders, Heath, Westerman, Knox, Fogg, Jones,

Decrease: Neufeld, Dressler, Denmark, Wild, Medlock

These are just my guesses what their price tag would be, not knowing anything about their current contracts. Whether I'm right or wrong, I'm sure there are some guys who will be able to fit back in with close to their current salaries, nothing added to the payroll. Some will be allowed to walk too to make room for guys who should come back and are worth a raise.

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On the radio Bauming made it seem like they would focus on Bryant and Hardrick and let Bond walk.    

He also suggested it was likely that Medlock is gone if the kid they drafted last year is ready to go this season.

I really don't see the team having issues re-signing the guys they like.... players love playing for this club and this coach.   I definitely see Randle,  Leggett,  Heath , and Neufeld coming back.   

I don't imagine its a "let him walk" scenario so much as it would be, let him test the waters.   UNLESS they are really wanting to go 3 canadian's on the interior... then it may become a situation where Hardrick versus Bond (if Bond can play tackle?) and the other, if they stay, is 6th man or PR..

I agree, players are wanting to be here now which is awesome. I don't think we will lose anyone significant that we want to keep with the exception of Bond possibly landing work down south.

14 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Regarding two National receivers, could we possibly see one of Coates/Wolitarsky starting, along with Demski? I know he hasn't really earned a big payday, but it would be great to see him here if the money is right.

man, I forgot about Demski....in my mind, that's a guy you GOTTA make a big push for. I don't know if he has buddies on the WBB, but somebody better be rolling out the carpet...

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nevermind I internetted it .. they're twins 

Now is he a free agent this year...Mitchell that is...he would be a good pick-up, and I know they really like Myles...he can really burn...and I know he showed well in NFL camps...made active game rosters on 2 teams and it was kind of a shocker that he got released

25 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Regarding two National receivers, could we possibly see one of Coates/Wolitarsky starting, along with Demski? I know he hasn't really earned a big payday, but it would be great to see him here if the money is right.

Agreed.  Demski, to me,  has proved to be a very good NI receiver.