Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

Just now, Dr. Blue said:

Why would Bennett's agent get a call? Dude was a free agent all year. Also, apparently the two QBs that were added to our pr at the end of the year have both signed futures contracts to come back.

To everyone who keeps talking about Thorpe coming back, please STOP. That ship has sailed and he ain't coming back, now let's stop talking about him.

He was claimed at the end of last year by the riders and not a FA iirc.  Those two and nichols are pretty much a lock. Though last year MBT was in the same boat and never ended up back here. But at that, 3 arms and normally you bring in 4. Maybe a 5th so the two young guys arent needed as much for work at the start of camp. 

Sooo youre saying there is a chance? :lol: Weve cut guys and brought em back before. But the way he went out I dont think its at all probable.  Better chance of us signing khari to play qb. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

He was claimed at the end of last year by the riders and not a FA iirc.  Those two and nichols are pretty much a lock. Though last year MBT was in the same boat and never ended up back here. But at that, 3 arms and normally you bring in 4. Maybe a 5th so the two young guys arent needed as much for work at the start of camp. 

Sooo youre saying there is a chance? :lol: Weve cut guys and brought em back before. But the way he went out I dont think its at all probable.  Better chance of us signing khari to play qb. 

Bennett was on the PR at the end of the 2016 season so he was a free agent.

Actually Demski would be a good pick-up by us and I bet Lapo could utilize his skill set very nicely in our system.

My hope would be to use him inside and out of backfield ala Drurie and Flanders and line him up all over. Replace that wideside Canadian receiver with an import who can burn and stretch defenses...I would think that White we had on the PR at years end, or Givens could really do well there.

Regardless we need that aspect to our offence...just the fact that we don't employ that hampers our offensive game somedays when defenses clamp down on our short/inside stuff...make a team not be able to cheat down, opens up a whole lotta room

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Replace that wideside Canadian receiver with an import who can burn and stretch defenses...I would think that White we had on the PR at years end, or Givens could really do well there.

I have serious concerns about Nichols ability to get it downfield. It may just be my memory playing tricks on me but it seems that every time he put it outside, downfield, he was way off the mark.

No he has made some nice shots...when he had the actually players to make that play via speed/seperation or jump ball ability. For the most part the last year and a bit we used JFG and Coates as that guy...not the ideal type of player for this.

Also...just the threat of the guy doing that and being out there a defense has to respect it...if the cheat and break off too soon like they were they will be burned bad regardless of who is throwing the ball

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He is a guy that probably fits the Lapo system like a glove. Much like Andrew Harris is tailor made for what Lapo likes to do I think Demski is a similar good fit. 

I'm not worried about his talent level. He simply seems like he has trouble staying on the field.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I have serious concerns about Nichols ability to get it downfield. It may just be my memory playing tricks on me but it seems that every time he put it outside, downfield, he was way off the mark.

The thing I've noticed with Nichols is he rarely throws the ball where it can be picked. I think that's why he misses guys sometimes. I'm reminded of that unreal catch Adams made along the sidelines. No one had a chance to catch that but him with those long gangly arms. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I tend to think thats by design more so then by inaccuracy.   He wants to avoid turnovers at all costs.. he places the ball away from defender, closer to receiver.   I don't believe he has an issue with the long ball.. tho he probably lagged a bit at the end of the season in throwing it, knee and hand injuries..

18 hours ago, tracker said:

And just in time for training camp.

Arent they talking about moving the start time of camp/the season again this year? I feel like they have changed soo many (or few but highly impactful things) the last few years.  Id like to see a little bit of refinement but nothing big. The change in start times from when I was a kid to now is pretty intense. (or so it feels any way) Reign back in the PI calls, let dbs defend. Idk if any thing else. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Arent they talking about moving the start time of camp/the season again this year? I feel like they have changed soo many (or few but highly impactful things) the last few years.  Id like to see a little bit of refinement but nothing big. The change in start times from when I was a kid to now is pretty intense. (or so it feels any way) Reign back in the PI calls, let dbs defend. Idk if any thing else. 

Tell TSN to ditch Rod Black or else.