Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

13 minutes ago, tracker said:

And how many "promising" players have we had that just didn't pan out. Thorpe wasn't good enough to displace any of the Rider receivers, although they were a darned good bunch. The sample size was just too small to make a definitive judgement. 

Lol. You're wearing your green undies again. 

51 minutes ago, tracker said:

And how many "promising" players have we had that just didn't pan out. Thorpe wasn't good enough to displace any of the Rider receivers, although they were a darned good bunch. The sample size was just too small to make a definitive judgement. 

The thing about Thorpe was that he fit the Lapo style of offence perfectly. YAC guy.

38 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They want Thorpe back all they need to do is call his agent, he'll be a F.A. soon.

I can't see O'Shea welcoming him back. I don't think they saw eye to eye.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You don't quit on your team. Thorpe is dead to us. Go down to the pound and find a new receiver. That's what every other team does. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

You don't quit on your team. Thorpe is dead to us. Go down to the pound and find a new receiver. That's what every other team does. 

Except that most of the other teams have a much better record in finding really good receivers than Danny Mac and Co, does.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

I can't see O'Shea welcoming him back. I don't think they saw eye to eye.

Eh, you never know. Thorpe bailed and attempted to find greener pastures (no pun intended because piss on the Riders), but that seemed to blow up in his face. He went from one PR to another, so I have to wonder if he now regrets his kneejerk decision to request his release.

Who knows... Maybe he reaches out in the off-season. Stranger things have happened.

Although, it shouldn't be difficult to find a proven possession receiver for next season.

11 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I've never seen so much outrage and discussion over a 300 yard receiver, who averaged less than 10 yards a catch.. he quit on the team, time to move on and let it go. He was never going to be a Milt Stegall. 

I think we are just inching so bad for this management group to find some good receivers... then the first decent one they find in 4 years doesn't work out... it's frustrating....

13 hours ago, tracker said:

Except that most of the other teams have a much better record in finding really good receivers than Danny Mac and Co, does.

so that means go against your principals and sign a guy who walked away from the team?  Seems legit.

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

so that means go against your principals and sign a guy who walked away from the team?  Seems legit.

My first reaction is "no",  and at least so far, Thorpe did not show himself to be another Arsenaux, or even Adams. Also, we do not know of the circumstances surrounding his departure but I tend to accept O'Shea's account. 

18 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Givens will turn out to be a good find for us as well though.. so potentially 2 in one year is a good sign..

Not sure how we're still talking about Thorpe, but... 

Two "potentially" okay receivers is nothing to write home about! One of them straight up walked off the team which means he doesn't count as a good find, and the other (Givens) has done nothing to prove himself. Walters's track record on finding receiving talent is not good.

2 minutes ago, aalgernon said:

Not sure how we're still talking about Thorpe, but... 

Two "potentially" okay receivers is nothing to write home about! One of them straight up walked off the team which means he doesn't count as a good find, and the other (Givens) has done nothing to prove himself. Walters's track record on finding receiving talent is not good.

and I agree.. I was merely pointing out that the bird dogs have found 2 guys who have shown well enough on the field in limited duties.. lets hope they continue.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Givens has a lot of potential, IMO. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a full training camp and a better grasp on the offensive playbook.

They also took the effort to stick White and LB Jones on the I.R. before the season ended so it looks like they should be back for TC.   The roster no longer shows I.R. players so I'm not sure how that works technically, both Westerman and Adams are listed on the roster, so I don't know.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

22 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They want Thorpe back all they need to do is call his agent, he'll be a F.A. soon.

While i dont see that happening, I could see bryan bennetts agent getting a ring from walters. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Hope spooner is signed soon

Im betting thats all but signed. Hes a high up side development guy, and you dont turn down the chance to be plucked from the PR and start to bail in FA. Not to mention this team and management is all about high character players. Which he screams from that move. Ive also allowed my self to have this day dream. In it, we sign gray for christmas. He comes into camp and fills the void left by bond. Mmm good dream, and good koolaid. 

Demski isnt the legit no1 wr I we could desperately use.  But he sure would be a fantastic pick up. If we arent gonna spend the money on a guy like that, demski and starting 2 NIs wouldnt be bad team wise. 

2 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bryant's not going any where just have to work out the money. Extremely loyal guy said at TD Manitoba he is committed to finishing what he started here.

He was the first step in building what we have today. He looked at the then dumpster fire, saw the changes before any one else and rolled up his sleeves to wade in. Its easy to forget that some times. 

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Demski isnt the legit no1 wr I we could desperately use.  But he sure would be a fantastic pick up. If we arent gonna spend the money on a guy like that, demski and starting 2 NIs wouldnt be bad team wise. 

He is a guy that probably fits the Lapo system like a glove. Much like Andrew Harris is tailor made for what Lapo likes to do I think Demski is a similar good fit. 

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

While i dont see that happening, I could see bryan bennetts agent getting a ring from walters. 

Why would Bennett's agent get a call? Dude was a free agent all year. Also, apparently the two QBs that were added to our pr at the end of the year have both signed futures contracts to come back.

To everyone who keeps talking about Thorpe coming back, please STOP. That ship has sailed and he ain't coming back, now let's stop talking about him.

Edited by Dr. Blue

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

He is a guy that probably fits the Lapo system like a glove. Much like Andrew Harris is tailor made for what Lapo likes to do I think Demski is a similar good fit. 

Yeah he fits the system, he fits the mentality, and has the work ethic.. He clearly has the talent and ability to be a high level starter in this league as well.