When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

I expect that this is Hall's last season and that the transition begins in 2018.

My theory is that they've lured Younger here with the promise he'll take over after this year and play a large role in building the scheme and plan for 2018. Hall playing the mentor.

Hall will retire after this season for health reasons.

It's just a theory.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

I expect that this is Hall's last season and that the transition begins in 2018.

My theory is that they've lured Younger here with the promise he'll take over after this year and play a large role in building the scheme and plan for 2018. Hall playing the mentor.

It's just a theory.

I like this theory.  Younger, I believe anyway,  has a bit more knowledge in what today's offenses and defenses are going to be running and how to game plan against them.

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's just a theory.

I hope that this is true and that Younger is the next Steinhauer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 3:05 PM, 17to85 said:

and when did that happen? Just because they didn't bring a couple assistants back does not mean they are blaming them for the D problems. But hey, you're welcome to keep jumping to the conclusions to justify your hate of Ritchie Hall. 

I certainly take O'Shea at his word when he said in the presser that he was not "scapegoating" anyone for what happened on D last year.  Plus I know that term scapegoating gets thrown around loosely here and whenever someone is fired who is not the top man on the pyramid, it's always a scapegoating going on.  However it does seem as though Mike O'Shea might be just a little too hung up on wanting the turnovers part of Hall's defense that his hopes of fixing it by only changing the defensive line and secondary coaches are likely to be fruitless.  This is almost like the 2011 saga when we were told that firing Jamie Barresi and replacing him with Crowton was going to fix the offense and it didn't.

Great assistants can do a lot to support and enhance the abilities of any Head Coach.  Poor ones will ultimately get you fired. Strong, successful business leaders will tell you that the key to their success is to hire quality people that are as smart or smarter then they are.  Unsuccessful, insecure  ones  hire people that are less qualified and non threatening .....hence  value placed on their  loyalty .

Since it took about three months after the season was over to decide that Davis was not good enough a QB to be worth keeping, I guess it is going to take a lot longer for O'Shea to decide about Hall- another 12 months or so ought to do it.  If O'Shea is committed to wet-nursing Hall, it could take even longer.

Hall is here....so be it.......realistically it all needs to come together in 2018....to whatever element that makes it a successful season, be it playoff win  or.  That is coaching, scouting, FA signings.....or it isn’t just Hall’s performance under the microscope.