Three Questions

aalgernon

1. Did Givens catch the ball near the end of the game on third down, or not? I haven't seen the replay yet.

2. On the punt return by Edmonton in the first half, the player appeared to fumble the ball, which was recovered by Winnipeg. I believe they ruled the Edmonton player down by contact, however. Now, my dad insists that, even if Edmonton had fumbled and Winnipeg recovered, it wouldn't have counted, since Winnipeg took a no yards penalty on that play. I'm not sure if he's right or not - can anyone help me out?

3. Were you cold at the game? I had on six shirts, which kept me cozy enough.

Just now, aalgernon said:

What I'm asking is, suppose it were a fumble recovered by Winnipeg and had been ruled that way, would it have been negated by the no yards call? 

Yes. In that case, the Eskimos would've accepted the penalty instead and taken the ball 15 yards up from where the kick was fielded.

1 minute ago, blueingreenland said:

Okay, I have a question. Bob Irving  on the post game show mentioned a player the Bombers are very high on - receiver Myles White i think his name was. I dont recall the Bombers having him on their practice roster. Anyone heard of this guy?

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/10/10/bombers-add-receiver-myles-white/

WINNIPEG, MB., October 10, 2017 –  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club added International wide receiver Myles White.

White (6-0, 190, Louisiana Tech University, March 30, 1990 in Tacoma, WA) was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Green Bay Packers in 2013, he played in seven games and made nine catches. After being released by the Packers, he spent time on the practices squad of the New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

His most recent signing was with the New York Jets in January, but was waived this September.

I have to imagine he'll be at TC next year.

16 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They moved both White and LB Jevaris Jones to the one game I.R. last week, so sure bet they want to keep them around.

I believe PR players are free agents & can sign anywhere as they aren't under contract once the season is over. Isn't that what happened with Brian Bennett last year at this time? The Riders signed a bunch of players off PRs as soon as the regular season ended IIRC.

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I believe PR players are free agents & can sign anywhere as they aren't under contract once the season is over. Isn't that what happened with Brian Bennett last year at this time? The Riders signed a bunch of players off PRs as soon as the regular season ended IIRC.

Correct but by moving those 2 players to the IR, the team keeps them under contract for next season.

20 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Okay, I have a question. Bob Irving  on the post game show mentioned a player the Bombers are very high on - receiver Myles White i think his name was. I dont recall the Bombers having him on their practice roster. Anyone heard of this guy?

They were high on Roc Carmichael at one point too. My only conclusion right now is our scouting staff is just high all the time.