Injuries / ratio

Mark H.

39 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

NO Matt Nichols on Bomber practice field!!??? Resting, relapse? The intrigue continues. I still expect him to play Sunday.

This has gone well past strategic announcements and gamesmanship, Nichols is going to be worth half a Nichol if he plays at all on Sun.

you never know, but it sure doesn't look very promising. and if he's that tender, chances of him making it more than a few plays are not good either.

gee whiz golly gosh ding bust it dang.

"Everybody's got the fever, that is something you all know
Fever isn't such a new thing, fever started long ago."

Edited by Mark F

10 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Why is Matt Nichols being hugged and congratulated by teammates on the field. And why is he smiling?? Could a baby be involved??

That would be great news.  I know it is supposed to be soon.  If so, then all the chicken little's on the board should be doing the Lamaze breathing thing  and calm down.

7 minutes ago, MC said:

That would be great news.  I know it is supposed to be soon.  If so, then all the chicken little's on the board should be doing the Lamaze breathing thing  and calm down.

From Jeff Hamilton: Matt Nichols wasn't at practice Friday so he could be there for the birth of his baby girl Parker. #wfp

I would have named her Shiny Nichols or Woody if she had been a he.....opportunity lost.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 minutes ago, shadybob said:

Flanders nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@DarrinBauming
Timothy Flanders just collapsed to the turf at the end of #Bombers practice. Walking off the field now with trainers while favouring his lower left leg.

Was unavailable to the media after practice -- always a bad sign. If we lose Flanders, our offense goes right to ****...

Edited by Noeller

if he is out..best thing to do is dress Bauman in Flanders role and roll with that..we know he can obviously run, and I'm sure can catch some passes out of backfield..it's not a hard thing for a former feature back in an offence to do.

Plus the unknown factor of him will cause mismatch issues initially, as well his running style matches up well for playoff football...to hell with dressing a Lankford who would not factor significantly with touches anyway

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Timothy Flanders goes down at end of bomber practice with left leg injury—extent unknown obviously

Unreal.  We can't seem to catch a break.  Let's hope it's not too bad and he can play.

So, our problems are Nichols left calf and Flanders left leg.  Is it possible that we don't have two left feet?  I can help with that as I definitely have those.

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

if he is out..best thing to do is dress Bauman in Flanders role and roll with that..we know he can obviously run, and I'm sure can catch some passes out of backfield..it's not a hard thing for a former feature back in an offence to do.

Plus the unknown factor of him will cause mismatch issues initially, as well his running style matches up well for playoff football...to hell with dressing a Lankford who would not factor significantly with touches anyway

They should be prepping run heavy in case Nichols goes out as well.  Edmonton is not really built to handle a heavy run game either.

exactly...hence if Flanders is out you need that other import running threat...especially once the sun goes down at 430 and the team with the best ground game to control the clock is going to have nest chance to win.

I actually think Bauman would offer us more in the run game than Flander's does and that dual threat, once they can (and should) establish it in the game would give the Esk's a lot of trouble.

Also every year it seems in the play-offs some unsung here, or new unknown guy steps into a line-up and shines and becomes key...perhaps this year we can have that guy.

He's been here now long enough, and most likely was brought in to play this same role, as he was never brought in to learn the feature tailback position, so he has to know at the least the basic packages to play it effectively..

Edited by Booch

1 minute ago, Booch said:

exactly...hence if Flanders is out you need that other import running threat...especially once the sun goes down at 430 and the team with the best ground game to control the clock is going to have nest chance to win.

I actually think Bauman would offer us more in the run game than Flander's does and that dual threat, once they can (and should) establish it in the game would give the Esk's a lot of trouble.

Also every year it seems in the play-offs some unsung here, or new unknown guy steps into a line-up and shines and becomes key...perhaps this year we can have that guy.

He's been here now long enough, and most likely was brought in to play this same role, as he was never brought in to learn the feature tailback position, so he has to know at the least the basic packages to play it effectively..

And if Nichols is out we shouldn’t be pocket passing anyway.  Play 6 OL, 7 sometimes, Normand, run read option all day and force the DL to figure out where the ball is.  Use all the backs, use LeFevour, use receivers on sweeps and to block, throw the odd time on a rollout.

Play ball control, give the D a chance and see if Edmonton has the physical ability to play with our OL and backs.

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And if Nichols is out we shouldn’t be pocket passing anyway.  Play 6 OL, 7 sometimes, Normand, run read option all day and force the DL to figure out where the ball is.  Use all the backs, use LeFevour, use receivers on sweeps and to block, throw the odd time on a rollout.

Play ball control, give the D a chance and see if Edmonton has the physical ability to play with our OL and backs.

Ahh the Tim Tebow offence