under construction: CFL Teams Review/Preview Thread

bluto

Riders?? Why??? Please explain...

I think their OL will be much better this season. They're all good players. but I think last year was the first time any of them had ever played together before, and it showed. A year of familiarity should really help them out. An improved OL will make the entire offense better, especially Durant, who's already better than what Calgary & Edmonton have. Sheets is a top notch rb & the receiving corp. should be improved this season.

I also like the moves they made on D this offseason. Chick, Foley, Anderson (as long as he's at corner, not db), and Weldon are all nice upgrades for them. They have to show they can do it on the field together, but on paper their D looks much improved.

I think their OL will be much better this season. They're all good players. but I think last year was the first time any of them had ever played together before, and it showed. A year of familiarity should really help them out. An improved OL will make the entire offense better, especially Durant, who's already better than what Calgary & Edmonton have. Sheets is a top notch rb & the receiving corp. should be improved this season.

I also like the moves they made on D this offseason. Chick, Foley, Anderson (as long as he's at corner, not db), and Weldon are all nice upgrades for them. They have to show they can do it on the field together, but on paper their D looks much improved.

I agree that the Riders look good.  I think George Cortez will be a huge addition for them.

Dont think Glenn folded. I think he ran smack dab into his own inabilities. Needed a balanced attack to help his very average passing. When Argos shut down Cornish it was effectively over at halftime. He just doesnt have the arm strangth or athltecism to change the dynamic of a game without lots of help.

Foley had to be the most overrated plaer of the FA period. Rider fans like Leaf fans vastly over inflate the skill level and value of players sometimes.

Glenn did yeoman service last year. The offense was designed for Tate & Dickenson changed it up to account for the things Glenn did well. Hey, the Stamps coulda..shoulds... won the Grey Cup but the Argos outplayed them. Other than Glenn, the Stampders are a young team. They'll be better for the experience.

Indeed...until they show it on the field it's all 'paper punch.'