Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

RedBlacks part ways with at least two coaches: http://ottawasun.com/sports/football/cfl/ottawa-redblacks/redblacks-coaches-chiu-moore-wont-be-back

Postmedia has learned offensive line coach Bryan Chiu and receivers coach Travis Moore will not be back with the Ottawa Redblacks next season. A source said defensive backs coach Ike Charlton may also be gone.

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Jefferson re-signs with Riders. Best de in the league imo. Imagine the numbers that guy could put up if there was any talent around him on their dl.

What I don't understand is why any player, especially a good one with any brains, would sign there. I mean, all they have to offer is a crappy new stadium, a whack-job coach/GM, and a delusional fan base. Unless, these players are being slipped some filthy lucre under the table.

Rider_Bribe.jpg

4 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I thought Masoli was really good down the stretch. Especially once Jones took over. Could be a dark horse for a breakout year next year.. similar to Matt Nichols in Winnipeg. 

He missed way too many open throws to be a consistent starter in the CFL unless he rapidly improves. He’s good enough to compete for the starting job, but I wouldn’t hand it to him without stiff competition. 

I get the same feeling about him that I got from Jonathon Jennings after 2016. Despite putting up some nice numbers and having some good games, I’m not sold on him as a starting QB long-term yet. 

10 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

He missed way too many open throws to be a consistent starter in the CFL unless he rapidly improves. He’s good enough to compete for the starting job, but I wouldn’t hand it to him without stiff competition. 

I get the same feeling about him that I got from Jonathon Jennings after 2016. Despite putting up some nice numbers and having some good games, I’m not sold on him as a starting QB long-term yet. 

meh, hes been on the shelf for a long time and was working within an offense not 100% tailored to him... lets see what happens next season.  I think he may continue to open some eyes.. he probably knows this is his 8 mile moment lol.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Holy f*** Spudsy....you really need to dial it back with all the posts and likes this morning........it's too much this early in the morning.......

sorry bub.  This is my dead time at work and I missed yesterday so catching up lol. 

just enjoy the ride, it will be over soon lol.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎20 at 3:07 PM, sweep the leg said:

Jefferson re-signs with Riders. Best de in the league imo. Imagine the numbers that guy could put up if there was any talent around him on their dl.

That's like the strategy of going to a party and standing next to the homeliest person in the room so you look good by comparison.

On 12/11/2017 at 2:03 PM, kelownabomberfan said:
On 12/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, J5V said:

I think that the CFL needs to draft that ref  on the right goal post there too.  He seems to actually be in position and watching the play.  

What's the ref on the left up to?   Practicing for burrito night?