Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

5 hours ago, CodyT said:

Hey man, haven't seen the "in case you missed it" topic lately. 

"In case" you don't think we missed it, we do

Well, there you go. 

It seemed to me that it’s been perceived as being stale and the interest level was tapering off. It takes all week to gather, edit and format that topic and I thought I’d give it a rest. 

For the fans that do miss it, we’ll see how it goes. I really appreciate those who did follow  and even notice it was gone.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, there you go. 

It seemed to me that it’s been perceived as being stale and the interest level was tapering off. It takes all week to gather, edit and format that topic and I thought I’d give it a rest. 

For the fans that do miss it, we’ll see how it goes. I really appreciate those who did follow  and even notice it was gone.

But then how will I procrastinate? Seriously though it's good stuff.

21 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, there you go. 

I often wondered if you were independently wealthy and had all the time in the world to compile all that information. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me ...

Bruce_Wayne2.jpg

7 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Too late to bring in Matthews and Franklin????

I’d throw a pile of money at him for three weeks of work and tell him he’s free to try the show again after that. 

Honest to god, in the unlikely scenario they could get him here for Monday, he’d be in my starting lineup no questions asked for the WSF.

Edited by Blueandgold

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, there you go. 

It's the first thing I like to read on Mondays. Get everything I need to know/catch up on plus all the tweets and things I don't see. 

I imagine it is a fair chunk of work, but it's one of the things that brings me to the website. Your's and Dod segments are always appreciated 

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, there you go. 

I like it when it's a compilation of tweets from around the CFL.... Not as much when it's just your thoughts on stuff... 

From 3Down Nation:

A former Calgary Stampeders linebacker suspected of killing his wife complained about the impact football had on his health in a video posted after the killing.

Prosecutors say that Anthony D. McClanahan has been arrested but not yet charged in the death of Keri “KC” McClanahan. She was found Thursday in a Park City hotel with knife wounds to her throat. He has also been charged with child kidnapping after authorities say the 46-year-old took his eight-year-old son from an Arizona school on Oct. 3 without the mother’s permission, then travelled through Nevada and Utah.

McClanahan played 55 games for the Stampeders between 1995 and 1998, making 227 tackles and registering 18 sacks.

Not too sure if it warrants it's own thread or not but tsn has it posted up that Lapolice and Marcel bellefeuille are on the tops of the Alouettes wish list for head coaches next season. Losing Plap would be a massive loss as we ended up being the highest scoring team this year and needing to be to counter all the points we gave up as well.

I personally can't see him leaving as his wife is from here, Montreal is an absolute tire fire of an organization right now and he's coaching with his team in the city that he lives in.

14 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Not too sure if it warrants it's own thread or not but tsn has it posted up that Lapolice and Marcel bellefeuille are on the tops of the Alouettes wish list for head coaches next season. Losing Plap would be a massive loss as we ended up being the highest scoring team this year and needing to be to counter all the points we gave up as well.

I personally can't see him leaving as his wife is from here, Montreal is an absolute tire fire of an organization right now and he's coaching with his team in the city that he lives in.

Yes but he is not the head coach here and he may want that position. Montreal is where he might be able to get it. 

Did anyone watch the Argos blow out BC? Wow! Jennings is quite the pick-machine. How good is James Wilder?

Here's the youtube link for highlites if anyone is interested.

10 minutes ago, J5V said:

Did anyone watch the Argos blow out BC? Wow! Jennings is quite the pick-machine. How good is James Wilder?

Here's the youtube link for highlites if anyone is interested.

I'm not sure how Toronto will fare in the playoffs but Popp and Trestman have done a great job turning that team around in a very short time.  Wilder was a great find.  Let's not forget that a lot of people had written off Ray prior to this season.  It looks like Trestman/Ray just might be Trestman/Calvillo V2.0.

I never saw BC falling on such hard times. I'm sure Wally is very disappointed although I'm not sorry to see him getting some payback for running such a dirty team with some real scumbags on it. I'll segue that to say Walters and O'Shea have done a real nice job of bringing in players with good character. I don't think a player like Micah Awe could play for O'Shea. He wouldn't have him.

Karma is a funny thing. I know Harris would never say it but there must be a real strong sense of satisfaction for him after all his success in the 'Peg after Wally ditched him for not being a good teammate. When Bob Irving interviewed him after the game and congratulated him for winning the rushing title all Andrew could say was "Thank you" and then went on to thank his teammates and to emphasize that it was never about individual records but all about the team and their goal of winning a championship.