Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

They'll miss him on July 7th.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/26/stamps-rb-roy-finch-suspended-two-games-violating-drug-policy/

Calgary Stampeders running back Roy Finch has been suspended for two games effective immediately after testing positive for a banned substance (D-amphetamine)

explains why he's so "speedy"

:blink:

Sounds like Henoc didn't take his training seriously this off-season.

There was a little too much “middle” on Saskatchewan Roughriders middle linebacker Henoc Muamba.

Muamba, the Riders’ starting middle linebacker and linchpin of the defence, gained 14 pounds during the CFL off-season. Chris Jones, the Riders’ head coach and general manager, wasn’t happy that a heavier Muamba arrived at training camp.

Muamba addressed the extra weight during the Riders’ three-week training camp and had dropped 11 pounds entering Thursday’s regular-season opener against the host Montreal Alouettes.

“I’m a pro and if I get asked to do certain things, I can handle it,’’ Muamba said. “I’m at the point in my career and in my life where I know my body. I know what kind of things to eat if I need to gain weight and what I need to do if I need to lose weight. I made the adjustments and I feel comfortable.’’

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/muamba-addresses-weight-issues-with-riders?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+leaderpost%2FiuqW+(Regina+Leader-Post)

8 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

I'm in the very small minority that would have interest in Vernon Adams. I'd be kind of interested in Jacory Harris, too.

Minority? Guy is still real young with lots of upside. I don't think there is a team in the league that wouldn't be interested given his skill set if he was released.

16 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I get the play on words but Meth and Aderall (basically Ritalin) are so ridiculously different, it would be like comparing Weed to Alcohol

yea I agree. at the time, I didn't see that it was as treatment for his ADHD so this was a bit of a stretch upon further review.. tho, if you say it like Mike Tyson, still funny.. 

either way, you'd have thought an athlete would know what he can and cannot be putting into his body, especially considering something that contains amphedamines..

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎26 at 10:34 AM, Atomic said:

I like the Willy signing for Montreal.  They have very little depth behind Durant.  Interesting that Willy ends up backing up DD again too.

Durant not so much in his prime now, more likely Willy gets to play.

Just now, Atomic said:

Hey wait a tic, you guys were supposed to crush the Als and sack Durant 5 times!  What the heck happened?

I held up my part of the bargain, drank beer and watched game yelling and swearing at tv. Riders did not hold up their end. This week i'll be doing it live. God we need a win. Safe travels to any of you coming down for the game

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I held up my part of the bargain, drank beer and watched game yelling and swearing at tv. Riders did not hold up their end. This week i'll be doing it live. God we need a win. Safe travels to any of you coming down for the game

You might want to save that refrain for game 6 onward....

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's going to get ugly little doubt about that, with or without Jones it's a long hill to climb.

I like that we have you guys at home and you haven't played a game yet. If we score first it will be loud. Hope we open the stadium on a good note. It will be a good game. Good luck guys

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's going to get ugly little doubt about that, with or without Jones it's a long hill to climb.

Yes.  The Riders had the talent to win the game against the Alouettes.  I don't doubt that.  But some bizarre coaching decisions led to a loss.  And we saw the same thing last year at at times.  It should be another "interesting" year in Riderville nevertheless.