Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

On 2017-06-21 at 11:00 AM, Dirty30 said:

Sorry. I work in mental health and I cringe every time someone describes someone else as being 'Schizophrenia'. It makes me me want to scream bc the term is often used in place of Dissociative identity disorder (DID), also known as multiple personality disorder (MPD). Two very different and traffic conditions. 

Sorry just needed to vent lol

yea I suppose you could say we have a lot of split personalities but I mean, its not far off either with Schizophrenic too, no?  random outbursts that make no sense,  random tangents that don't have any bearing in whats actually going on.. prone to fits of rage for no reason...

On 2017-06-21 at 11:11 AM, Fan Boy said:

I feels you bro. I have a few relatives in extended family with "Schizophrenia" and it is definitely not what the OP was thinking.  I think the poster should describe fan bases with the more clinical term "F'n nuts". 

this is accurate as well lol.

On 2017-06-21 at 11:38 AM, Dirty30 said:

Tragic. 

I know Spuds didn't mean anything by it. I was referring more with regards to Kelly's original comment when he said it.

ya, no offense intended.. if I did offend someone, I apologize. 

8 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

yea I suppose you could say we have a lot of split personalities but I mean, its not far off either with Schizophrenic too, no?  random outbursts that make no sense,  random tangents that don't have any bearing in whats actually going on.. prone to fits of rage for no reason...

Sounds like Rider fans.

Completely unrelated to any conversation we've been having on here but I'm so glad football is back. Even though the Bombers have the bye, I'm just excited to see some football, and for the first time in years and years I'm more than cautiously optimistic about our football team this year. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

good article.

"What does reigning CFL MOP Bo Levi Mitchell have in-store for the 2017 season? Mitchell has not been shy to let everyone know that it “will not be fun to play me this year” as he plans on reflecting on the bad finish to 2016 "

Confidence is not the same as arrogance.

18 minutes ago, tracker said:

And here is the probable reason: 

RT .@HerbZurkowsky1 - #AlsMTL have put Ray Drew, Anthony Sarao and QB Matthew Shiltz on one-game IR.

Not so sure that is related, since they have Vernon Adams and Jacory Harris as well.

Durant and Willy are long time buddies.  That could have some bearing on it, probably will help Willy playing behind him again. I'm sure Durant gave rave reviews to management.

Also a one year deal, they aren't 100% sold on him. Could be Willy's last contract unless he proves something.

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot

22 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

Durant and Willy are long time buddies.  That could have some bearing on it, probably will help Willy playing behind him again. I'm sure Durant gave rave reviews to management.

Also a one year deal, they aren't 100% sold on him. Could be Willy's last contract unless he proves something.

100% because of the Willy/Durant relationship....

25 minutes ago, JohnnyOnTheSpot said:

hate to sound cliche... but this comment might be.... johnny on the spot....

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I like the Willy signing for Montreal.  They have very little depth behind Durant.  Interesting that Willy ends up backing up DD again too.

Nice call atomic, you said willy would not be unsigned for long.

Calgary Stampeders running back Roy Finch has been suspended for two games effective immediately after testing positive for a banned substance (D-amphetamine), under the drug policy of the Canadian Football League and the Canadian Football League Players’ Association (CFLPA).

They'll miss him on July 7th.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/26/stamps-rb-roy-finch-suspended-two-games-violating-drug-policy/