Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

I think if Austin gets canned that will be the last you see of him in CFL for a long time...if ever

he is entering don mathews territory almost.   great when getting the wins but when the losses pile up...

On 11/4/2017 at 9:27 AM, Goalie said:

Quebec City has ZERO interest in a CFL team so lobby them all you want... Its not happening

That's sad. Just on pop size its bigger then other CFL cities.

On 11/5/2017 at 4:03 PM, 17to85 said:

Only fools wrote off Ray. Guy is legit but like all qbs needs the supporting cast around him.

TO i hate to say it is dark horse. Something about Ricky this year. Maybe its that he showed up for the first time since he went to TO.

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bob Young has heard of Wally Buono, Don Matthews, Cal Murphy, Bud Grant, Eagle Keys and Hugh Campbell correct?

Yes, but before he tragically suffered brain damage. Now he only remembers the good part of those 4 years.  Ritchie deserves to be in the talks too. Only missed the play offs once. 

CFL.ca on fb  posted its season ending power rankins. 

1 Edmonton

2 argos

3 riders

4 stamps

5 RBs

6 bombers 

7 hammy

8 BC

9 Montreal

To is 3-6 against the west. Edm finished below us. We knocked the stamps down, RBs finished below .500 in the east what a joke. Not even gonna get into how awful the stamps finished or the riders pre turn around and losing their last game. Locker room material. 23 wins in 2 years and still get no respect. 

53 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

CFL.ca on fb  posted its season ending power rankins. 

1 Edmonton

2 argos

3 riders

4 stamps

5 RBs

6 bombers 

7 hammy

8 BC

9 Montreal

To is 3-6 against the west. Edm finished below us. We knocked the stamps down, RBs finished below .500 in the east what a joke. Not even gonna get into how awful the stamps finished or the riders pre turn around and losing their last game. Locker room material. 23 wins in 2 years and still get no respect. 

Given how well the "experts" at that site pick winners each week I am not surprised.

-Surely I'm not the only one who wonders in astonishment every time Bob Young offers an opinion about something about how  someone who seems so dim became so wealthy...?

-On one hand, I'd prefer to face the REDBLACKS since they'd only have about 400-600 supporters invade BMO as opposed to the drug-adled several thousand Riders' fans that would show up and I should support the Eastern team by default... but on the other hand I have so many next-level putdowns of the Riders and their lame province that it'd be a shame not to have occasion for them.

-Could be my Double-Blue glasses, but the team coming together after a rebuild late in the season to finish 9-9 with the GC being in Ottawa... dare I say it... feels like 2004

Edited by bluto
words

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

-Surely I'm not the only one who wonders in astonishment every time Bob Young offers an opinion about something about how  someone who seems so dim became so wealthy...?

I suspect he was more of an inside kid and these sportings things are foreign to him. No wonder he doesn't understand. But guarantee you ask him about comic books and such he's got a valid opinion. 

On 11/5/2017 at 2:09 PM, J5V said:

Did anyone watch the Argos blow out BC? Wow! Jennings is quite the pick-machine. How good is James Wilder?

Here's the youtube link for highlites if anyone is interested.

I did get a chance to watch a lot of this game (a nice advantage to trying to get a new born to sleep) and I agree the Argos are legitimate cup contenders this year... 

But I would also love to meet them in Ottawa Nov 26... let's set up Medlock for another game winner and see how it goes this time :D

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/07/cflpa-announces-tom-pate-award-nominees/

Montreal Alouettes Stephen Adekolu (WR)
Ottawa REDBLACKS Alex Mateas (C)
Toronto Argonauts Jamal Campbell (OL)
Hamilton Tiger-Cats Courtney Stephen (DB)
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Chris Randle (DB)
Saskatchewan Roughriders            Makana Henry (DL)
Calgary Stampeders Josh Bell (DB)
Edmonton Eskimos Adarius Bowman (SB)
BC Lions Emmanuel Arceneaux (SB)