Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I could see Collaros rekindling his career in Toronto... back to a familiar setting with good coaching... Hard to think Ray lasts longer than this year... 

I don't see Hamilton giving Collaros to their biggest rival. It can only happen if Toronto can find a partner that will get Collaros (out of Hamilton) for them. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I don't see Hamilton giving Collaros to a their biggest rival. It can only happen if Toronto can find a partner that will get Collaros (out of Hamilton) for them. 

definitely... not saying Ham would trade him to Tor... just think that would be the ideal landing spot for Collaros...

On 29/08/2017 at 9:40 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Furthermore, what does this say about June Jones? I assume he had a say in wanting to bring in Briles? You'd think he'd want to surround himself with experienced credible CFL coaches.

It was probably Jones' idea. He said he and Briles have been friends for over 40 years.

On 30/08/2017 at 10:52 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

Too many red flags for the cats sounds like it's good enough for the riders... who "haven't" already worked him out.  Wonder how long before the trade center gets fired up with the news Ticats trade Neg list QB to riders for JSJ

I think it was Naylor who said there is a very good chance that if Manziel were offered a contract that the League would block it because of his domestic violence history.

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/08/31/stamps-acquire-ol-guy-trade-riders/

CALGARY — The Calgary Stampeders have completed a trade with the Saskatchewan Roughriders, acquiring national offensive lineman Dillon Guy in exchange for the rights to national defensive back Adam Laurensse, the team announced Thursday.

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

I think it was Naylor who said there is a very good chance that if Manziel were offered a contract that the League would block it because of his domestic violence history.

That seems a little heavy-handed.  A single accusation of domestic violence and you can never play in the league?  Not a conviction, but an accusation?  I'm not sure that's the right way to handle things.

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That seems a little heavy-handed.  A single accusation of domestic violence and you can never play in the league?  Not a conviction, but an accusation?  I'm not sure that's the right way to handle things.

That was overstated. I believe he means that he would be eligible for review regarding the accusation. It would follow policy..

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The guy is a walking piece of garbage. I hope we never see him in the league

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I absolutely agree.

He made a joke out of the NFL, he will do the same here.  Its not just the domestic violence thing its a lot bigger than that.  If its one thing maybe you give the guy a second chance. Cox got a chance with the riders on a short leash. He screwed it up and was promptly cut from the team.

Just now, Dirty30 said:

Why was Jones fined this past spring?? 

The Riders spoke to Manziels publicist, probably kicking tires as to what kind of shape he was in. What does that got to do with me?  I would not support in any way, us bringing him to Sask. Don't want to see his face.  I am not Jones's errand boy, been plenty of moves I haven't liked since he has been here. 

FOR THE H

Let's see now. Hamilton has worked out Johnny Manziel, 

hired a Coach with a History, 

had their Head Coach sued by his former employer,

....fired their defensive Co-ordinator, 

....traded John Chick and 

....demoted their #1 QB...who was offered up for trade this week

The year from Hell

I get it! 

Hamilton -   For the H

(Word just came out of Hamilton that Head Coach Kent Austin has demoted himself again...will now be known as Ken Austin.)

Just now, Mr Dee said:

FOR THE H

Let's see now. Hamilton has worked out Johnny Manziel, 

hired a Coach with a History, 

had their Head Coach sued by his former employer,

....fired their defensive Co-ordinator, 

....traded John Chick and 

....demoted their #1 QB...who was offered up for trade this week

The year from Hell

I get it! 

Hamilton -   For the H

(Word just came out of Hamilton that Head Coach Kent Austin has demoted himself again...will now be known as Ken Austin.)

#FortHeh

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Five of seven CFL.CA writers say Sask wins

4 of 7 3DOWNNATION.COM writers pick the Bombers. Vegas line has the 'Riders as 2.5-3 point favorites.

Have seen too many Labour Day defeats to feel confident about the Bombers. That crowd is going to be 3 times more jacked up than they were on Canada Day (I was at that one, it was as loud as almost any Bomber game), and any momentum the 'Riders get could easily carry them to a whole lot of scoring in a short time. Bombers need to sneak in, bore the crowd, and hang on for dear life when that momentum swing happens. the escape with a close victory in the last minute (FG or late Sask. drive stopped). A close Bomber victory wouldn't surprise me, a blowout win would. A close Sask. victory wouldn't surprise me, a blowout win for them would surprise me even less.

Heart says Bombers, head and wallet lean to the 'Riders this week.

i dont disagree with that assessment.  We have been winning, but aside from the EDM and maybe Hamilton wins i never felt that we dominated both sides of the game for the majority of the game.  We are resilient and i know a win is a win but at the same time we should be blowing out teams like the Als and Riders and not relying on late game heroics to win. 

Edited by peggars