Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

@TSNDaveNaylor
.@TSN_Marsh Without trying to stoke the Johnny Manziel to Hamilton buzz ... he and June Jones would certainly be familiar with each other.

@TSNDaveNaylor
.@TSN_Marsh June Jones coached at SMU when Manziel was in high school and then atTexas A and M.

Edited by Noeller

43 minutes ago, Rich said:

Best coach we've had for this team in a long time.  Say what you will about Berry or Lapo .. but Mike has grown into the role and we are seeing why he was so highly regarded.

He, Walters and Miller have really helped change the culture of this organization. We are only now just reaping the benefits.

8 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Best coach we've had for this team in a long time.  Say what you will about Berry or Lapo .. but Mike has grown into the role and we are seeing why he was so highly regarded.

He, Walters and Miller have really helped change the culture of this organization. We are only now just reaping the benefits.

I dare say best coach since Dave Ritchie, though sadly that doesn't really set the bar too high seeing as Berry was the previous holder of that distinction and after him it's a wasteland. 

It just goes to show though that, organizationally, we are starting to make the right decisions and are allowing individuals to develop and grow in the roles they've been placed in.  For too long we were knee jerk .. making changes because we didn't realize the success we wanted ..  these guys committed to doing things their way and are allowing it to play out, regardless of the outside pressure.  It's paying dividends.

Don't wanna count any chickens before the eggs have hatched, but I remember reading this piece on Wade Miller when he first got hired for the job, talking about how the guy has basically never failed at anything he's ever set his mind to. The Booster Juice franchise into the whole Pinnacle Staffing thing...he's always been successful. You might not always agree with his methods, and I know personally of people who quit the WBB FC (behind the scenes office gigs...accountants, etc....) because of him, but, if the guy has indeed built a long-term successful brand, then you can't argue with the results...

39 minutes ago, mbrg said:

I tend to regard Buono's occasional one-year absences from coaching BC as rest breaks more than anything.

It seems fair to me.  When I'm his age I will demand nap-time as part of any employment agreement. 

Wally had a 4 year gap in coaching.  3 years with Benevides and 1 year with Tedford. 

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

us-lingerie-football-superbowl.jpg

He was a fan of the ladies and using his money gun and then trying to take the money back from them....

I wish our cheerleaders looked like that AND the Jets puck bunnies.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Hearing that Austin has appointed June Jones as head coach in Hamilton. 

Good...good...2-16 at best now.

On 24/08/2017 at 10:42 PM, Brandon said:

Me thinks Kent Austin did this to save his ass for a season or two.    Brings in a guy on a few weeks notice to take over his club...   

I don't think it was for self preservation.  He lost the room.  He knows it.  He did what any other GM would do. The fact he wears both hats gives it the optics of self preservation.  Not my  favorite coach, but i do respect him as one. The move is a good one for the team so good on him for doing what's right. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

45 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't think it was for self preservation.  He lost the room.  He knows it.  He did want any other GM would do. The fact he wears both hats gives it the optics of self preservation.  Not my  favorite coach, but i do respect him as one. The move is a good one for the team so good on him for doing what's right. 

I've seen a few folks referring to Austin as the GM. Isn't Eric Tillman the GM? Austin's sole title is now VP of football operations if I'm not mistaken. 

8 hours ago, mbrg said:

Some of my naps are longer than others.

It's that last one that's going to be a doozy.

Ah yes...the dirt nap....or looking at the turf from the other side....We as humans still have the capacity to laugh about our mortality....good thing...What's the saying 'everyone wants to live a long time but nobody wants to get old'.....................Talking about finding humour in 'the big sleep'...I'll always remember a grave marker one day when passing through a local cemetery...it read   'Told ya I was sick'...Gotta to get off this topic now...got a feeling it's not going to end well...