Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Big difference was us losing the Jets and the FLames staying in Cgy. 

Kids nowadays would laugh, but for young sports fans like myself the Bombers were the cool event to be at in Wpg early 2000's.  Of course we cared little for the Leafs, Flames, Oilers etc.  Bombers avg 27,000+ from 2000 - 2003 and we had some great years. 

Calgary cared little for the Flames until 04 anyway, the problems calgary faces are mostly due to the way the city grew over the past decade. Tons of money in the city and tons of people from other provinces, there was no loyalty to the Stamps and a lot of the people who did move in fall into that trap of wanting to only care about the big time sports. I run into more NFL fans in this city than I Stamps fans. I maintain that Calgary desperately wants to be Toronto. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Calgary cared little for the Flames until 04 anyway, the problems calgary faces are mostly due to the way the city grew over the past decade. Tons of money in the city and tons of people from other provinces, there was no loyalty to the Stamps and a lot of the people who did move in fall into that trap of wanting to only care about the big time sports. I run into more NFL fans in this city than I Stamps fans. I maintain that Calgary desperately wants to be Toronto. 

Calgary is DEFINITELY "Little Toronto".....our dear trucker friend warned me about that before I moved out west...

Just now, Noeller said:

Calgary is DEFINITELY "Little Toronto".....our dear trucker friend warned me about that before I moved out west...

lol I actually called them Toronto of the west but deleted it because thought it sounded dumb.  gotta trust that gut instinct apparently lol.  I have family out there and my ex's family lived out there 2 and both groups of people really come across as elitist goobers.

3 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

lol I actually called them Toronto of the west but deleted it because thought it sounded dumb.  gotta trust that gut instinct apparently lol.  I have family out there and my ex's family lived out there 2 and both groups of people really come across as elitist goobers.

I see you've met @17to85

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Very true, which is hilariously hypocritical as they hate T.O. , ONT. and QC with a passion bordering on irrational psychosis.

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

One win and Rider fans act like their team hasn't been a total joke for the past three seasons. 

its pretty laughable yup but I mean, even without the win.. they would still be singing the same tune.

17 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

its pretty laughable yup but I mean, even without the win.. they would still be singing the same tune.

But they could be unbeaten on the year if they hadn't missed some kicks! So really we shouldn't be surprised if they run the table the rest of the way. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

But they could be unbeaten on the year if they hadn't missed some kicks! So really we shouldn't be surprised if they run the table the rest of the way. 

you uh.. forgot the /sarcasm on that.

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Mark F said:

I for one, hope the Riders beat Calgary.

The way some, maybe a lot of fans hate the Riders, I feel that way about the Stamps. I would love to see Calgary  lose this game. Sask has the no 1 offence to this point. not impossible.

Best game last year was Grey Cup. watching the Stampeders  eat a bit of humble pie. Very puzzling for them.

So far this season the great Bo levi  hasn't look so hot.

Wow! One of my favorite  old movies and I never thought about what a perfect comparison  the 2 are.Well done Mark!(slow handclap).

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

One win and Rider fans act like their team hasn't been a total joke for the past three seasons. 

One good season and Bomber fans thinking they have a Grey Cup caliber team.

Ripper isn't wrong, you're crazy if you think your Bombers team is better than the Lions, Eskimos or Stampeders. You will be fighting for a crossover spot there is no question.

5 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

One good season and Bomber fans thinking they have a Grey Cup caliber team.

Ripper isn't wrong, you're crazy if you think your Bombers team is better than the Lions, Eskimos or Stampeders. You will be fighting for a crossover spot there is no question.

Shouldn't you be over at riderfans crying about being banned from here?  Which obviously never happened?

Enjoy your second consecutive 5 win season.  Although that might be giving you too much credit.  

If we're fighting for a crossover spot it won't be with you, it will be with the 3rd place team in the east.  Your season was done as soon as you signed Kevin Glenn.  Filthy, filthy Rider trash.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Shouldn't you be over at riderfans crying about being banned from here?  Which obviously never happened?

Enjoy your second consecutive 5 win season.  Although that might be giving you too much credit.  

If we're fighting for a crossover spot it won't be with you, it will be with the 3rd place team in the east.  Your season was done as soon as you signed Kevin Glenn.  Filthy, filthy Rider trash.

I can't wait to watch the Lions smoke the Bombers tonight.