Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

2 hours ago, mbrg said:

Interesting.  Everywhere else it was a headline.

Footnote - headline, potato - potahto...

Y'know, if I didn't know better, I might suggest Nye isn't entirely objective.

I suggest we refer this to Professor John Miller for further study.

7 hours ago, Atomic said:

Good athlete but has trouble getting after the QB consistently.  At least in CJ's system.

Impossible to really say. He is always the one getting dropped into coverage. I'd like to see what he could do in a defense where he gets cut loose to rush. The guy has speed. I think there may be something there.

http://3downnation.com/2017/07/05/new-cfl-commissioner-randy-ambrosie-has-open-ended-contract/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JustinDunk3downnation+(3+Down+Nation-Justin+Dunk+)

Incoming CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie has an open-ended contract, a move which breaks from recent tradition.

Unlike former commish Jeffrey Orridge, who made it through just two seasons on his initial three-year deal, there is no term on Ambrosie’s pact. Mark Cohon, who served as commissioner for eight seasons, originally inked a five-year agreement and then extended for three more seasons. Tom Wright started on a two-year contract and received a one-year extension. In November 2000, Michael Lysko signed for three years but only made it through just over a year.

Not having a term contract would appear to be a vote of confidence in Ambrosie and eliminates questions over his employment status and potential awkwardness of a lame duck year.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

So the league fines the jerk*ff but the "officials" didnt even call a penalty on the play? Nice job zebras, keep up the great work!

Nope. Not going to go there. 

I dont believe the refs can see everything, especially on a bang bang change of possession play, where everybody is flipping ends. I only saw it on replay, and even then, I had to go back and confirm what I thought I saw. 

What im grateful for is, the Officials got it right on game review. This is exactly the kind of thing that when missed during games, should be flagged..and it was.