Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

Training camp is over .... adjustments have been made  and its time for the opening kickoff

Anybody change their minds on how preseason changed their expectations for this year .... Montreal thrashing Ottawa changed mine .... cutting Willy raise my hopes for the Argos .... Edmonton looks stronger than I first thought and Regina even worse

For the first time in years I am forecasting Winnipeg finishes first in the league  .. just an optimistic hunch .... I forecast these final standings:

Winnipeg

Calgary

Vancouver

Edmonton

Ottawa

Montreal

Toronto

Hamilton

Regina

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/06/20/stamps-headline-kickoff-edition-nissan-titan-power-rankings/

Bombers start the season ranked 6th. Everyone sleeping on the Bombers I love it.    

Talk about disrespect for Winnipeg ... the most they could say about us is that we start the season with a bye ... I guess that puts us behind all year ... just wait until we have our second bye

it's funny cuz we were ranked 4th to end last year, and have largely kept our roster intact so how we end up 6th confuses me.

Ottawa on the other hand have lost a lot of talent and are rolling the dice with Harris (who i'm still not fully sold on) yet they go from 6th to 3rd and were even destroyed by the currently ranked 7th placed Alouettes. That list is a joke

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

9 minutes ago, coach17 said:

http://3downnation.com/2017/06/20/introducing-3downnation-power-rankings/ 3down has us ranked 4th which is probably where we should be after last season and a first week bye.

Loving the comment section.  From a Bomber fan:

I’m loath to admit it… but I would put money on just about any team in this league over my boys in blue. We’ll see what happens in Regina next week, but I’m expecting to see a weak Sask pile up 30-40 points. If we were facing Jennings or Mitchell – – add another 2-3 TDs. If they’re as bad as I think they are, after 7 years, I think that may be enough for seasons’ tickets year. (I’ve never given up on them so quickly)

Classic.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Even the oddsmakers are giving us no love.

8th of 9 teams, and 0.5 wins better than SSK?!  

Odds work on who will get bets not who will win. IE sask is allways inflated because there is no lack of rider fans who think they go 18-0 and win the GC every year.

RBs 3rd is a freaking joke in the power rankings. No team is the east is ahead of us, edm, cal, or bc. 

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Mike Kelly got one thing right.. our fanbase is skitzophrenic. 

Sorry. I work in mental health and I cringe every time someone describes someone else as being 'Schizophrenia'. It makes me me want to scream bc the term is often used in place of Dissociative identity disorder (DID), also known as multiple personality disorder (MPD). Two very different and traffic conditions. 

Sorry just needed to vent lol

9 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Sorry. I work in mental health and I cringe every time someone describes someone else as being 'Schizophrenia'. It makes me me want to scream bc the term is often used in place of Dissociative identity disorder (DID), also known as multiple personality disorder (MPD). Two very different and traffic conditions. 

I feels you bro. I have a few relatives in extended family with "Schizophrenia" and it is definitely not what the OP was thinking.  I think the poster should describe fan bases with the more clinical term "F'n nuts". 

14 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Traffic conditions???  Ugggh...I'm lost.

53 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Last year bodog overvalued the Roughies and undervalued the Bombers. I put some money down right away and made a tiny bit of money which I lost on NBA betting later. Don't gamble kids. 

Absolutely not. Most bookies want money rather than adolescents.

Edited by tracker

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

FNG503391065.jpg?resize=940%2C402

marc trestman is a few riddles and some green leotards away from being edward nygma

I thought he was hired to be the coach of the Argos, not their accountant/controller...

Edited by kelownabomberfan