Deadliest Mass Shooting In US History - Las Vegas

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is terrorism. I don't care if it's a white guy. He stockpiled weapons & planned this out as surely as any Muslim terror attack we've seen in Europe the past few years. Skin colour has nothing to do with it. 

terrorists generally have an agenda, let's not call every act of violence terrorism. This is a nut bar going on a killing spree for no apparent reason. 

I dunno why everyone gets caught up on title. Like being called a mass murderer isn't any lighter/heavier then being called a terrorist. Both are out to inflict deadly harm to the general public and are 110% grade A asshats. IMO the titles used are a way to try and keep the masses at bay in murica. If you say mass murder everyone kind of shrugs as it seems to happen more often then it should. You say terrorism and they gonna build a wall for the wall

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Domestic Terrorism. If he was brown its terrorism. Terrorism = mass murder committed by brown guy. 

Also, the Bundy standoff.  Pointing rifles at Federal police. Not called terrorism. It was done by white guys with cowboy hats and flags.

Now that I think of it, at first some media were calling the Bundy loons  heroes.

Edited by Mark F

I suspect he did have an agenda.  We'll see more and more come out.  He staked out different sites to do this.  I heard on CNN that there as evidence he intended to get away and escape.  So its not just the idea of a suicidal nut case trying to go out in a blaze of glory.

He also apparently bought guns in different states from different dealers to help avoid suspicion.   So he certainly put a lot of thought and effort into doing this.  And that would seem to indicate an agenda.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I suspect he did have an agenda.  We'll see more and more come out.  He staked out different sites to do this.  I heard on CNN that there as evidence he intended to get away and escape.  So its not just the idea of a suicidal nut case trying to go out in a blaze of glory.

He also apparently bought guns in different states from different dealers to help avoid suspicion.   So he certainly put a lot of thought and effort into doing this.  And that would seem to indicate an agenda.

Im thinking he may have been some type of Militia member.  just has that look and feel of a "live in the bush, government can screw off" type to me..  Should be interesting to see what comes out in the wash over the next few weeks.

Yup..  Shows many holes, even in the current level of gun control.  The guy was smart enough to know that even a gun seller would be suspicious of his purchases so he moved around.  Should be a national database of gun (if there isnt already) and owning more than X amount or owning a certain combo earns you a visit from the FBI.  This guy was on no ones radar and had a stockpile.  Ridiculous.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Yup..  Shows many holes, even in the current level of gun control.  The guy was smart enough to know that even a gun seller would be suspicious of his purchases so he moved around.  Should be a national database of gun (if there isnt already) and owning more than X amount or owning a certain combo earns you a visit from the FBI.  This guy was on no ones radar and had a stockpile.  Ridiculous.

Ya his arsenal matched some militia's stockpiles Id imagine.  He had enough to outfit a small army.   That shouldn't happen.   There must be a logical and not overly invasive way to track this kind of stuff without upsetting people to the point of revolt.  I mean, why would anyone need to hide the fact they own multiple AR-15's or a bunch of bump-stop kits that can turn semi-auto into full-auto unless you are up to no good? 

like many people have mentioned, these guys are not meant for hunting or sport shooting. they are meant for maiming and killing.  period. there needs to be a better method to monitor who has been buying quantities of these guns and where from.

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Ya his arsenal matched some militia's stockpiles Id imagine.  He had enough to outfit a small army.   That shouldn't happen.   There must be a logical and not overly invasive way to track this kind of stuff without upsetting people to the point of revolt.  I mean, why would anyone need to hide the fact they own multiple AR-15's or a bunch of bump-stop kits that can turn semi-auto into full-auto unless you are up to no good? 

like many people have mentioned, these guys are not meant for hunting or sport shooting. they are meant for maiming and killing.  period. there needs to be a better method to monitor who has been buying quantities of these guns and where from.

The vocal minority of these types that stockpile believe the constitution gives them the right for the sole reason of being prepared to fight the government (or invading force).  The fact people would stockpile weapons for an "inevitable" fight with the government should be the first red flag. 

And Im pretty sure England wont be invading anytime soon.  Unless Red Dawn happens, these guys can lay down their weapons.

It really is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The vocal minority of these types that stockpile believe the constitution gives them the right for the sole reason of being prepared to fight the government (or invading force).  The fact people would stockpile weapons for an "inevitable" fight with the government should be the first red flag. 

And Im pretty sure England wont be invading anytime soon.  Unless Red Dawn happens, these guys can lay down their weapons.

It really is ridiculous.

I completely agree.. they twist the constitutional "right" to own firearms to fit their agenda.   These arn't musket rifles that were the basis for the right to bear arms.  we don't enemies at our gates or bears and wolves stealing our children or livestock.  I get its historical significance but it may be time to re-vamp the constitution to be more modern.   there is no justifiable reason why any one person or person's need to own 40+ automatic rifles.  Nobody is coming ashore to invade and I cannot forsee a situation arising where anyone truly believes they could fight the government at this point with even assault rifles lol.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Could be a father issue, his pop left home when he was 7 and he  was a notorious criminal on the FBI's most wanted list.  This guy was a nobody during his life-time and may have decided to leave his mark after his death.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Could be a father issue, his pop left home when he was 7 and he  was a notorious criminal on the FBI's most wanted list.  This guy was a nobody during his life-time and may have decided to leave his mark after his death.

Ive seen talk of potential mental health issues and some of which can be hereditary.  Of course, you still no right from wrong, especially when planning such an awful thing.  Interestingly, when the University sniper (US, years ago) was autopsied, he had a tumor pressing on the part of the brain that deals with aggression. 

So its always interesting looking some clues in the physical and mental.  But it should not excuse the act. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It really is ridiculous.

Saw a guy on CNN a few days back that pretty well said as much.

51 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive seen talk of potential mental health issues and some of which can be hereditary.  Of course, you still no right from wrong, especially when planning such an awful thing.  Interestingly, when the University sniper (US, years ago) was autopsied, he had a tumor pressing on the part of the brain that deals with aggression. 

So its always interesting looking some clues in the physical and mental.  But it should not excuse the act. 

Also sounds like he was on psychotropics, which might be one piece of the puzzle (the size  of which depends on your bias).

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Saw a guy on CNN a few days back that pretty well said as much.

I recall a thread here where I argued vehemently that the second amendment did not give Americans the right to bear arms in the way they think.  Some people disagreed.  My opinion is when you apply context to the amendment (time and place it was written), its pretty clear the intention was not to restrict the people from having weapons because of the need for militias of the people.  That is not needed now.

If anything, the amendment should have been altered many many years ago. 

The fact the Constitution has many amendments and has been updated numerous times proves its not sacrosanct as the gun nuts would believe.  Its really quite obvious that it should be changed.  But the vocal minority shout down the logical argument.  And I think a lot of people then get squeamish over constitutional reform when they really shouldnt.

CNN is at the Reno gun show and asking attendees about banning bump stocks which turn a semi auto into full auto. 

First guy he asks says “absolutely not. Ban bad people not bump stocks”.  This is the stupidity we’re dealing with. 

Hes gone to say average people should have fully automatic weapons because “as Americans we have the right to defend our families up to and including blood shed”. 

Heres what gonna happen. They will restrict bump stocks. The NRA will reluctantly go along with it. They will manipulate the left and common sense people that they have a victory. 

It wont change a thing. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

CNN is at the Reno gun show and asking attendees about banning bump stocks which turn a semi auto into full auto. 

First guy he asks says “absolutely not. Ban bad people not bump stocks”.  This is the stupidity we’re dealing with. 

Hes gone to say average people should have fully automatic weapons because “as Americans we have the right to defend our families up to and including blood shed”. 

Heres what gonna happen. They will restrict bump stocks. The NRA will reluctantly go along with it. They will manipulate the left and common sense people that they have a victory. 

It wont change a thing. 

Moar guns is the answer!

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎05 at 8:16 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is terrorism. I don't care if it's a white guy. He stockpiled weapons & planned this out as surely as any Muslim terror attack we've seen in Europe the past few years. Skin colour has nothing to do with it. 

You can't call it terrorism without actually knowing his motives.  Terrorism:  "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."