Do or Die and the Volcano.......

do or die

Off topic, sort of....

So,  I am supposedly, leaving on a trip, back again to Indonesia, for the month of October.    Having been there a few times, I meticulously scouted out and booked the best places to stay, eat and make merry with my partner and another couple.     The plane is due to land Oct 5th in Denpasar.........Bali.  

However, that ole giant live volcano - Gunung Agung, is supposed to blow any minute.....or tomorrow, or next week, or months from now. 
Only one airport on this island, 60 miles from the crater.    An eruption could cover portions of my tropical paradise with poisonous ash and dust, and also.....shut down the airport, where absolute and total chaos would ensue.   

Came up with plan B, to bypass Bali and have the last leg of my flight land in Jakarta instead, as a base to do more time in Java.    But the cretins at the airline,  have informed me that even under these present conditions, (including responding to an travel advisory issued by them!)  changing just the last leg of my flight would cost us some major dollars.  Plan C was Vietnam, but cannot get visas in time.   Plan D (yes, D) was to divert to Singapore and go back to Malaysia - but to do that and also keep other commitments in Indonesia is not really doable. 

This is my long winded way of explaining why there was no O+S, the other day, and none for the next three games.     Because we have great bookings, etc on Bali - tired of zig zaging ......we are just going to go.....and leave it in the laps of the gods.        And they better come through.

If you think it's going to blow, book yourself a cheap flight to Lombok on Air Asia.  At least you'd be out of the blast zone and still be in a decent paradise.  We really liked Lombok.  Just don't drink any Arrack, you could go blind or worse die.  Stick with beer.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If you think it's going to blow, book yourself a cheap flight to Lombok on Air Asia.  At least you'd be out of the blast zone and still be in a decent paradise.  We really liked Lombok.  Just don't drink any Arrack, you could go blind or worse die.  Stick with beer.

Lombok is already the 3rd planned leg of the trip - after Bali and Java.   Really want to hit those beaches on the southern coast...