THE MORNING AFTER...WITH COFFEE

Mr Dee

7_B91_D89_E-9429-4727-_A2_CC-_ADA19518_D

?‍?Win one for the Medlock..

?‍?Randle...film study...pick six.

?‍?Love Matt Dunigan’s line with tongue in cheek. “Clearly Winnipeg needs a new kicker.”

?‍?When was the last time a Bomber team held a team to O points in a half?

?‍?0 - That’s the same number of intelligent comments I found on the Riders’ site.

?‍?I saw a player make a highlight reel catch for an incredible TD in tonight’s game. One-handed. That player was a Bomber. That player was new 1000 yard receiver Darvin Adams.

?‍?It’s hard to believe we kept that Edmonton receiver group in check from A to Y. We didn’t do so well on Z

?‍?What I like about this current Bomber team is; when the opposing team scores an important TD or FG, this team responds. That’s huge!

?‍?Bombers shouldn’t go anywhere without their Walker..

?‍?You know TDs scored with seconds left before the half are extra special. Right Matt and Clarence? Happy Birthday Clarence! (Sept 29) 

CDD0_C4_E8-7495-4_B4_B-_AE87-6410407_D90

?‍?‘Tis nice to lead from start to finish in the last 6 games.

?‍?Coates has arms..and soft hands. Nice pivotal reception on that drive.

?‍?He, of the hard to pronounce last name had a decent game with 3 tackles and a sack. Tristan Okpalaugo. There, I pronounced it.

?‍?Heath, flirting with the int again. 

?‍?Santos-Knox is evolving. 

?‍?D pressure was constant but not overpowering. Johnson seemed like he was still a scratch last night.

?‍?Jeffcoat was menacing. 

0087_E746-0023-45_E2-_B0_E9-598752_C4404

?‍?Allowing just 19 points vs that offence? I’ll take it.

?‍?Nichols 112.94 efficiency rating.

?‍?Another clean game by the boys.

?‍?Did you see? Another hands to the face penalty? But it wasn’t by us..

Darrin Bauming - Ryan Lankford can throw... and punt... and return kicks. #Bombers

?‍?Now I know what below average kicking looks like. I don’t like it.

?‍?And once again, we rule, catching teams with 13 men on the field. Good on us for spotting this and quickly snapping the ball..

?‍?I didn’t appreciate the fact that the TSN took so long to acknowledge Adams as a 1000 yard receiver when they were flaunting Edmonton’s grand receivers most of the night.

?‍?I can practically feel BC’s angst over what happened in the standings on their bye week..

?‍?Sharing the love..

?‍?Win number 10. And, it must be the 10th different way we’ve won a game.

Darrin Bauming - Darvin Adams joins Andrew Harris and Clarence Denmark with TDs tonight — all three continue to lead the #Bombers' with 7 TDs on the season.

?‍?I didn’t really notice but someone mentioned that Medlock might be kicking with his right leg tonight...

?‍?Reilly is always dangerous as a QB. The Bombers somehow, made him look less dangerous tonight.

?‍?I PVR’d the game on 2 different channels to prevent exactly what happened to the game - missing over 8 minutes of the 1st Q due to TSN staying with the earlier game. Funny, they didn’t do that for the Ottawa game..

?‍?Secondary thoughts...They’re looking good. New strategy?

?‍?Bombers need Andrew Harris. Eskimos kneed Andrew Harris. There’s a difference you know.

?‍?It was nice carrying a 7 point cushion into the game for the tie breaker. Sure am glad we didn’t need it.

?‍?Bombers send the Eskimos and 30,524 home unhappy. Job complete!

?‍?Love Harris’s crab-crawl TDs! What balance..

?‍?How do you spell legitimate? B o m b e r s

?‍?How do you spell relief? R a n d l e

?‍?Were we not 2-2 to start the season?

?‍?Still in disbelief that we have a legitimate QB

?‍?A great turning point was not made by any player... “The officials did a good job of conferring to change the call on the field to a touchdown, which allowed the play to be reviewed and upheld by the command centre.”

?‍?Who cares if Edmonton ended up with 436yards of net offence?

F26_FB7_C7-3_BC3-438_E-_BC1_B-0_A81_D7_A

Agree with Mr.Dee's observations. Lankford keeps giving reasons for him to stick around and might be the reclamation project of the year in the CFL. On a sour note, we cannot keep giving up those kind of yards to the opposition, which is another reason to question Hall's tenure as DC. Fortunately, the Bombers have found (apart from Carmichael) good enough talent to compensate for Hall's schemes. Not to take anything away from the Bombers defense, but Reilly was not his old self and at least Bowman didn't show up. 

15 hours ago, tracker said:

On a sour note, we cannot keep giving up those kind of yards to the opposition, which is another reason to question Hall's tenure as DC. 

I don't love our defensive schemes but this is exactly what a "bend, don't break" defense is supposed to look like... I don't really care that we gave up 430+ yards... the most important stat is that we gave up 19 points... and with our offense... that should be good For The W every time...

Just now, bearpants said:

I don't love our defensive schemes but this is exactly what a "bend, don't break" defense is supposed to look like... I don't really care that we gave up 430+ yards... the most important stat is that we gave up 19 points... and with our offense... that should be good For The W every time...

Giving up those kind of yards consistently is going to cost the Bombers wins. I maintain that Reilly was off just enough to lose his edge and Bowman looked to have completely checked out early in the game.

19 minutes ago, tracker said:

Giving up those kind of yards consistently is going to cost the Bombers wins. I maintain that Reilly was off just enough to lose his edge and Bowman looked to have completely checked out early in the game.

That isn't true, as evidenced by the team's record. Bend but don't break works with a capable offense, which the Bombers have - in spades.

I wouldn't say Reilly was off. He did still throw for 300+ yards. As for Bowman, I don't think he's anywhere close to 100%, as he's been mostly unnoticeable since returning from injury.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

That isn't true, as evidenced by the team's record. Bend but don't break works with a capable offense, which the Bombers have - in spades.

I wouldn't say Reilly was off. He did still throw for 300+ yards. As for Bowman, I don't think he's anywhere close to 100%, as he's been mostly unnoticeable since returning from injury.

Bombers have been the beneficiaries of a whole lot of team collapses (Montreal, Edmonton, Toronto, Hamilton and probably BC) this year. Even Calgary has struggled for one reason or another and Reilly missed throws he ordinarily would have made.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

Bombers have been the beneficiaries of a whole lot of team collapses (Montreal, Edmonton, Toronto, Hamilton and probably BC) this year. Even Calgary has struggled for one reason or another and Reilly missed throws he ordinarily would have made.

Translation:  A lot of our wins have been just luck.  Give it a rest mate.  Enjoy the feeling of 10-3.

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

Just like how in previous years, opponents were the beneficiaries of the Bombers being either a terrible team or a collapsing one.

Good teams make sure to beat inferior opponents. The 2017 Blue Bombers have done that very consistently, despite their own struggles.

46 minutes ago, tracker said:

Reilly was off because the Bombers were getting pressure on him. Not to mention the secondary being healthy is a lot better than we've used in the past. Both Alexander and Walker had damned good games and broke up some deep attempts. I don't really care what the yardage given up wound up being, the Bombers D played pretty damned good against Edmonton. Medlock doesn't have his worst game ever and this was likely a very lopsided game. 

29 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Reilly was off because the Bombers were getting pressure on him. Not to mention the secondary being healthy is a lot better than we've used in the past. Both Alexander and Walker had damned good games and broke up some deep attempts. I don't really care what the yardage given up wound up being, the Bombers D played pretty damned good against Edmonton. Medlock doesn't have his worst game ever and this was likely a very lopsided game. 

Not to mention that in the past, if our kicker performed that badly, we were likely doomed.  It's nice to see that Medlock can have an off night and it doesn't mean a loss.  Of course, maybe we're just really really lucky...:rolleyes:

Every quarterback in the league will have an off game if he's under pressure. Every single one of them. There were quite a few passes Reilly got out just in time but missed his target cause he had to rush it or he was gonna be killed. The Bombers on D were ready to play this game. Hell the Esks tried a screen pass at one point but the Bombers DL recognized they got through too easy and turned around and tackled the back for like a 10 yard loss. Just a real impressive display from everyone involved on the D side of things. 

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Amazing how teams just seem to collapse around us. Couldn't have anything to do with our defence, that's for sure.

Edited by JCon

23 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Win one for the Medlock.

A Eskiblow  friend texted me during the game after Medlock missed  yet another one.

He asked: 'What's wrong with your kicker?"

I replied: 'What's wrong with yours?' :-)

I've been to the Bomber game in Edmonton 13 years in a row since I moved here and this is the most Bomber fans I've seen in the stands.

Bandwagon jumpers . . . :-)

4 hours ago, tracker said:

except the facts don't back this statement up... the team is 10-3... I agree, I'd rather see less yards given up... but I think we'll win 9 times outta 10 if the opponents is only putting up 19 points, regardless of the yardage...