Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Why can't they have both.... 

Maybe they can front load a contract  and cut salary by dumping  Mason,  Perreault,  Myers.      If the Jets saw no possible way of bringing back Stastny then they wouldn't of made it public that they want him back. 

Thats exactly what they would have to do and it would need to be short term for Stas also. 1 year even. 

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Rich coming from a wrestling and politics expert. 

What does this mean?  Did you mistype because that odd remark doesnt seem to have anything to do with what I posted about Stastny.

PS: Im not a politics expert at all, never said I was.  Wrestling...well, as close as we have here probably :P  Feel free to discuss in the appropriate threads.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why couldn't they do a deal where he makes 8 million his first year then 4 for the next two. From the sounds of it Winnipeg is right up there with Boston and Colorado for his places most likely to sign.

They could but the cap is an average so it would be $5.3 per year which is probably doable.  Does one of those other teams offer an extra year?

When a player says "it's not about the money I want to find the right fit" he's just pandering to the average fan, 9/10 it's always about the money, we'll find that out with Trouba this year if he signs here or not and down the road we will find it to be the same with Wheeler.

35 minutes ago, Brandon said:

After we trade Myers/Kulikov and re-sign Stastny :D:D:D

You make a good point.  With chiarot and morrow, this talk of Myers as a LHD doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

I suppose for depth purposes they could pay NHL wages to one of them to play on the AHL but seems a bit odd to me. 

Seems like the plan might be to move someone. 

Elliot Friedman's 31 thoughts:

11. The $79.5 million cap will make it tough for Winnipeg to keep Paul Stastny. The key might be offering some kind of draft pick/asset for another team to take Steve Mason. He has one more year at $4.1 million. If they can clear that, we’re in business

Would still need a back up.  I imagine Mason would be open to going somewhere he'd have a shot at the starting job.

And another:

22. A team thinking of trading for Mike Hoffman tracked down one of his fiancee’s college roommates to find out as much as they could.

Edited by The Unknown Poster