Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Maybe.  The cap crunch likely won't hit us this offseason, but next offseason when Wheeler's deal is up.  And Myers will be a UFA then anyways.  Those Perreault and Little contracts are big roadblocks towards keeping all our young players and they're the ones that will be hardest to move.

Lots of teams could use a 2 Center and 2 3 LW tho. Look at Carolina. They desperately need a Center. 

Myers? Man Edmonton Toronto NYI Detroit. Myers is a good player.. Just too much cash on 3rd pair

Rumours are the Jets are getting a third jersey next year .... and, if true, it won't be the Heritage Classic retro style.  Sounds like Atlanta-style baby blue (sorry Aviator blue) as the main colour.

https://jetsnation.ca/2018/05/27/are-the-jets-getting-a-third-jersey-next-season/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by Tony Fresco

On 2018-05-25 at 10:02 PM, Floyd said:

I think all the forwards are back - even Stastny on a three year deal...

Only way we can keep Stastny is if it's a one year deal. Wayyyy too much cap space will be tied up in our youth and our goaltending. 

Stastny may do it for another run, then sign a couple-year deal next offseason. 

Window is closing for him and I think he wants to win. 

1 hour ago, Tony Fresco said:

Rumours are the Jets are getting a third jersey next year .... and, if true, it won't be the Heritage Classic retro style.  Sounds like Atlanta-style baby blue (sorry Aviator blue) as the main colour.

https://jetsnation.ca/2018/05/27/are-the-jets-getting-a-third-jersey-next-season/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

That would be consistent with tie-in to the air force, which is something the Jets have always paid tribute to. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Only way we can keep Stastny is if it's a one year deal. Wayyyy too much cap space will be tied up in our youth and our goaltending. 

Stastny may do it for another run, then sign a couple-year deal next offseason. 

Window is closing for him and I think he wants to win. 

Only way you can do it is if you trade Kulikov and don't re-sign Myers...

2 hours ago, Tony Fresco said:

Yuck. 

Lets see. 

Ehlers gonna make 6 this year. 

Tobys 5.75 ish covers that.. Mostly.

Wash. 

So now You got 25 million? Ish to sign Trouba Josh Helle Lowry and the depth. 

Stastny only stays on 1 yr deal or... If we move out salary.. Maybe Little ? (No move kicks in July 1st) 

Buffs NMC is up.. Do you move his 7.5 million? Keep Trouba and Myers (Younger, Cheaper) 

Lots of options to move out legit salary.. Gonna have to move some of the older players contracts soon. 

Buff and Wheeler, love em but.. Man trading them gets you a bunch. 

Why tho right? 

But... If you want to keep your future together... Helle Trouba Scheif Josh Connor Likely Roslo 29 Ehlers Lowry id assume. 

You gotta move out some cash.

Edited by Goalie

And the tire fire in the nation's capital gets some more fuel tossed on it: http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/former-senators-captain-daniel-alfredsson-we-hope-to-get-a-new-owner

Former Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson opened up a can of worms with Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk while helping kick off Mayor Jim Watson’s re-election campaign

“We hope to get a new owner,” Alfredsson said...

Alfredsson’s words are shared by countless Senators fans, who have become increasingly frustrated by Melnyk’s management policies, including a shrinking front-office and the fact that a string of star players – including Alfredsson – have left the organization in the past few years under tense circumstances.

I like Perreault but he is an undersized 30 year old 40-point player who tends to miss 10-20 games per season with injury.

We (all fans) tend to overrate our own players.  I'm not saying it would be impossible to move him but players like him simply aren't in high demand.  That's just reality.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like Perreault but he is an undersized 30 year old 40-point player who tends to miss 10-20 games per season with injury.

We (all fans) tend to overrate our own players.  I'm not saying it would be impossible to move him but players like him simply aren't in high demand.  That's just reality.

yup we will be lucky to get a 2nd rounder in my opinion.

Perreault can play in the top six but makes your bottom six exponentially better.  He's a role player that would be a big loss if we traded him.  Under contract, he'd get a good return.  He's not elite so let's not get crazy.  But there would be plenty of competition for his services if the Jets offered him up.

11 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm only speculating. I'm sure something more modern in that scheme would look alright, though.

Anyone remember the Polar Bear jersey the Moose wore a while back?

mnPWvsS.png

In any event, I'm excited to see what the final design will be.

Reminds me where they came from....Atlanta