Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If Im Chevy... Helle and Josh are my priorities. Josh is better than Jake. Jake i put 3rd on the list... Then Lowry and Armia.. Then Laine since he doesn't need to sign now. He still has a year left. 

We can't afford Armia, I would look to trade him.

12 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Cheveldayoff will find a way. You don't move a solid bottom 6 like Armia.

He doesn't do anything Roslovic can't do.  Young bottom 6 forwards are exactly who you move.  You pay big money to the core guys and fill the rest of the lineup with entry level deals and veterans on bargain basement contracts.  Look at Pittsburgh, TB, etc... all the teams that have locked up their core.  They don't have guys making 2-3 million in the bottom 6 and that's what Armia will be getting.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He doesn't do anything Roslovic can't do.  Young bottom 6 forwards are exactly who you move.  You pay big money to the core guys and fill the rest of the lineup with entry level deals and veterans on bargain basement contracts.  Look at Pittsburgh, TB, etc... all the teams that have locked up their core.  They don't have guys making 2-3 million in the bottom 6 and that's what Armia will be getting.

I agree. I would love to keep Armia but you have to cycle your bottom six, bringing up new players through the system. Unless he can play top six minutes, like a Perreault, he's too expensive. 

I wonder what Armia would yield in return? 

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I can't see him getting that significant of a pay raise. What makes you see that?

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I can't see him getting that significant of a pay raise. What makes you see that?

29 points in 79 games.... comparable players signing as RFAs are all making in that range.  Connor Brown, Melker Karlsson, Radek Faksa, Riley Sheahan.  All in the 30 point range, all 2M+.

I feel Armia is a guy you sign to 1 yr deals maybe 2. Stastny wont be back so u gotta think Roslo plays center more. 

Armia tho? He'll be back. If u have to cut salary you move out a vet or 2. 

Myers - can be replaced by Poolman or a cheaper 3rd pair FA signing. 

Perreault - i like him but... With Vesa Roslo Lemieux Appleton etc.. That 4 million plus salary can go elsewhere 

Myers and Perreault packaged could get you a 1st and or perhaps a younger Center. 

Ppl love Stastny.. Hate Little.. Point production in careers is similar. 

Cant have both. Too much $$ 

With the exception of Kovalchuk, most of the European players NHL teams are looking at are signed. One more to keep an eye on for this year is 28-year-old left-hand-shot defenceman Bogdan Kiselevich. It sounds like one of the reasons he is still available is Winnipeg is among the interested parties, and the Jets had more important things to worry about lately. But a couple of teams are privately beginning to peek at next spring.

Number 9. Friedmans 31 thoughts

Trouba will set the table this year in terms of priority signing's, Helle is next at the cash register followed by Morrissey. The next wave will include Lowry, Armia, Poolman,Tanev and Morrow. Then maybe a trade to move some salary, Hendricks is as good as gone so is Matthias, and Hutchinson, I have not idea what they plan on doing with Dano and Enstrom. and I can't see them giving Stastny a big contract at his age. Following year will be very interesting in terms of contracts. Would love to see Petan and Lemieux show up at training camp next year ready to make the team, could make some vets expendable.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

29 points in 79 games.... comparable players signing as RFAs are all making in that range.  Connor Brown, Melker Karlsson, Radek Faksa, Riley Sheahan.  All in the 30 point range, all 2M+.

So you think hes gonna get more than a 100 percent raise from his current salary? I bet hes around 1.4 1.5. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Trouba will set the table this year in terms of priority signing's, Helle is next at the cash register followed by Morrissey. The next wave will include Lowry, Armia, Poolman,Tanev and Morrow. Then maybe a trade to move some salary, Hendricks is as good as gone so is Matthias, and Hutchinson, I have not idea what they plan on doing with Dano and Enstrom. and I can't see them giving Stastny a big contract at his age. Following year will be very interesting in terms of contracts. Would love to see Petan and Lemieux show up at training camp next year ready to make the team, could make some vets expendable.

According to Number 8 on Friedmans latest 31 thoughts, Helle is priority number 1. I think The Rfas like Helle Josh Lowry etc will sign b4 Trouba will.. I think most sign b4 July 1st. 

Enstrom is as good as gone. Was not happy about the healthy scratch and his wife on instagram said goodbye to WPG. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

According to Number 8 on Friedmans latest 31 thoughts, Helle is priority number 1. 

Well I guess we have to find out if Trouba wants to stay and with the exit interviews it sounds pretty positive, for me he is the linchpin ahead of Helle both will get paid that's for sure

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

So you think hes gonna get more than a 100 percent raise from his current salary? I bet hes around 1.4 1.5. 

I guess we'll find out.  I'm just saying that salary is getting eaten up elsewhere and there won't necessarily be room to pay all our prospects... good, young players are going to be traded away.  I'd be okay with moving Perreault but would there be any trade partners?  I'm not so sure.

They will trade the Vets long b4 moving any of the younger guys.. I don't consider Armia to be part of our future core but hes a damn good depth piece who seems to like it here. With the Jets playing in Finland next season, i dont see Armia going anywhere. Plus... Lets pretend you move him... The savings = 500 k at most... You move out Vets like Myers Perreault... Buff one day, Little one day, maybe even Wheeler if he wants 2 much money.. Thats how you keep your young team together.. You move the Vets and your new vets are Scheif Trouba Lowry etc... 

Draft and Develop.. Not draft develop then trade to save 500 k. 

Edited by Goalie

23 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Myers is more of an offensive D. A lot of teams would want one of those.

Maybe.  The cap crunch likely won't hit us this offseason, but next offseason when Wheeler's deal is up.  And Myers will be a UFA then anyways.  Those Perreault and Little contracts are big roadblocks towards keeping all our young players and they're the ones that will be hardest to move.