Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

24 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Love seeing this.  I wonder what the price tag will be?  6 mil?  More?  Less?  Defencemen salaries are hard to predict.

I think it will be more.   $6.5 - 7+, but it will depend on term.

If you look at similar defencemen who signed for 6 year deals after their ELC the same year that Trouba did his 2 year @ $3M bridge deal:

Lindholm 6 years @ $5M

Ristolainen 6 years @ $5.4M

Jones 6 years @ $5.4M  

4 years @ $6.5M would bring him about "even" in total dollars had he signed a similar deal to those guys.   So I think that is the minimum.   If you want to sign him for more term, price will go up.

Trouba's points totals against those guys was down last year, but he was hurt a bunch.  All top pairing guys on their team.  

Then again Chevy pulled off some magic signing Scheifele and Ehlers to the contracts they are on, so if he can get Trouba long term @ $6M, I would be ecstatic.  

It all depends on term, you can't just look at the annual value.  If the Jets want to lock him up for 8 years, I could see it going to $8M.   

Jets are going to want to keep some cap room open through especially with Laine, Morrissey, Connor coming up.   So I think the term will be lower.

Just now, Rich said:

It all depends on term, you can't just look at the annual value.  If the Jets want to lock him up for 8 years, I could see it going to $8M.   

Jets are going to want to keep some cap room open through especially with Laine, Morrissey, Connor coming up.   So I think the term will be lower.

Let's not forget Buycky and some of the bottom 6 players that they'll be keen to keep, like Lowry. 

44 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I meant I hope we don't have to wait until November for him to be signed

I know what you meant. Based on Toth's tweet, it sounds like he wants to be here and is happy in his current role. So, I can't see him holding out like last time based on those factors.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

No chance he gets $8.

Plus Wheeler next year.

Losing Toby this year and Mason next.  Little's deal might not look so hot now.  Assuming the cap goes up every year, Jets might find a way to work some magic.

I don't see any way we can afford to keep Wheeler unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think Little is moved in the off-season.  Perreault too.

Could be difficult given their salary, production and contract details.  Little is also under a No-Move clause until after 2020, which then becomes a modified no-trade.  Perreault is under a modified no-trade as well.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Could be difficult given their salary, production and contract details.  Little is also under a No-Move clause until after 2020, which then becomes a modified no-trade.  Perreault is under a modified no-trade as well.

Wishful thinking I guess.  You are right, I don't see much appetite for Little at the current contracted salary.  

I think if Trouba signs you have to move Myers and possibly Perreault and maybe Little... But.. Who is your 2 center then? Stas is a rental unless u sign him short term, and go Scheif Stas Roslo Lowry. 

Myers goes for sure.. Myers Perreault or Myers Little probably gets you a potential younger 2 Center anyways.  

Ok.. 

Myers Perreault to Edmonton for RNH and their 1st this year. 

I think its possible. 

Little? Carolina needs a center. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

I think Chevy will find a way to make it work.  He seems to be doing a pretty good job.  But we will inevitably start to lose good players.

Which is why we need to win it all this year :) Can trade the entire team to Buffalo right after we win the Cup.