Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

Does Frank Seravalli have inside information to confirm Paul Stastny is strictly a rental or is it just logical speculation? I don't know really why but using the term rental players is irritating to me.

Yes I know chances are he goes to highest bidder or back to the Blues but to headline his article saying Paul Stastny has been the ultimate rental player is a bit premature no?

Right now to me he's a Winnipeg Jet that was acquired at the trade deadline.

On 2018-05-06 at 2:52 PM, Jacquie said:

Supplemental discipline is handled by the Department of Player Safety so it would be possible for a suspension to be given if he did it again.

oh well I guess Marchand's tongue wouldn't probably be considered a threat if he had bad breath when he did the licking

13 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Does Frank Seravalli have inside information to confirm Paul Stastny is strictly a rental or is it just logical speculation? I don't know really why but using the term rental players is irritating to me.

Yes I know chances are he goes to highest bidder or back to the Blues but to headline his article saying Paul Stastny has been the ultimate rental player is a bit premature no?

Right now to me he's a Winnipeg Jet that was acquired at the trade deadline.

I think its just to make the point that he's a UFA that was picked up at the deadline to help the Jets in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

insert an "m" strategically in that name and you have almost every Leaf GM that has gone before him.  He looks like he doesn't even shave.  What's with this trend of promoting kids to the GM chair?  Is this guy another math geek who doesn't know a hockey puck from a meatball?

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

insert an "m" strategically in that name and you have almost every Leaf GM that has gone before him.  He looks like he doesn't even shave.  What's with this trend of promoting kids to the GM chair?  Is this guy another math geek who doesn't know a hockey puck from a meatball?

wasn't there a draft pick with the name Dumass like in the 2012 draft? I wonder what happened to him

Yup, another math geek.  Like the kid in Phoenix.

At the age 25, Dubas was hired as the General Manager of the Greyhounds,[5] where he famously traded 2 players and 7 draft picks to the Windsor Spitfires, acquiring top NHL prospect Jack Campbell in return. In this position, he also hired Sheldon Keefeas coach of the Greyhounds.[6]

He was hired as Assistant General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs by President Brendan Shanahan on July 22, 2014 at the age of 28,[7] replacing Claude Loiselle.[8] He specializes in team improvement through statistical analysis.[9][10]

In April 2015, after the firing of Dave Nonis, Dubas became one of two interim General Managers of the Leafs.[11][12][13] His role includes evaluating prospective new players.[14]

In July 2015, when Lou Lamoriello was hired as the Toronto Maple Leafs' General Manager, fellow assistant GM Mark Hunter and he became assistant GMs for the team.

On May 11th 2018, Dubas was named the General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.[15]

6 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yup, another math geek.  Like the kid in Phoenix.

But, from what I've heard, he has a pretty good hockey mind, as well. He knows the game. 

That being said, he will be responsible for negotiating those next contracts and trying to find some defence. He and Chiarelli have something in common there. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Anyone on Twitter? @carrieunderwood showing how big of a whining crybaby she is. 

Salty *****. 

Lost lots of respect for her for refusing to accept Chris Jerichos 10k bet to charity

Ok went to Twitter. Didn't really see much whining. She's just a bit upset about losing which is understandable.  Not sure why you care.