Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Poolman is RHD right?  Anyone else see this as a signal that they want Poolman to get the NHL playing time so he's ready to take over when Trouba is traded?

Yes he is RHD but played a full year in college on the left side.

Of course that is a possibility RE: Trouba.  I think they are just covering all their bases and establishing depth.  In other words, Trouba isn't necessarily leaving but we should be prepared for the possibility.

12 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yes he is RHD but played a full year in college on the left side.

Of course that is a possibility RE: Trouba.  I think they are just covering all their bases and establishing depth.  In other words, Trouba isn't necessarily leaving but we should be prepared for the possibility.

It's a good theory but Jets have Trouba for another 2 after this if they want.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I subscribe to this theory. Poolman might get in some games if Myers needs the occasional maintence day

Or Toby.. Cuz Poolman is just better than Chiarot so theres gotta be some injury concerns still with Tyler and Toby. 

12 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Neat that we have 4 but its a terrible list that was probably put together by non hockey people. I mean Gaudreau ahead of Wheeler? Give me a break. Auston Matthews 8??? Eat my ****

Apparently he's the next coming of Wayne Gretzky. Everyday it seems I see a headline: Is Matthews a God? Discuss. 

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow I thought they were developing him to start in a couple years...

Yeah I wonder if they figured they could sneak him through.  He was highly touted.  Not sure where he's at developmentally now.  Anyone??  If he's still looking solid, its a great pick up for Vegas.  Never hurts to study under Fleury.

Checked out the reaction from Boston fans on HFBoards.  General consensus seems to be he wasn't ready to be an NHL goalie, had some injuries that held him back and needed more time as a #1 in the AHL.   Though they aren't happy about losing him.

Interesting that Boston didn't think he was ready to be a backup to Rask, but Vegas is ready to give him a chance as the backup to the face of their franchise Fleury.  

How much longer till we have this issue with Comrie?

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah I wonder if they figured they could sneak him through.  He was highly touted.  Not sure where he's at developmentally now.  Anyone??  If he's still looking solid, its a great pick up for Vegas.  Never hurts to study under Fleury.

He's been one of the top goalies in the AHL for a few years now.  I actually find it shocking the Bruins would let him go in favor of keeping 31 year old Anton Khudobin.  Makes no sense.

And you had to know Vegas was looking for a goalie prospect.  Just poor roster management by the Bruins.

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Checked out the reaction from Boston fans on HFBoards.  General consensus seems to be he wasn't ready to be an NHL goalie, had some injuries that held him back and needed more time as a #1 in the AHL.   Though they aren't happy about losing him.

Interesting that Boston didn't think he was ready to be a backup to Rask, but Vegas is ready to give him a chance as the backup to the face of their franchise Fleury.  

How much longer till we have this issue with Comrie?

Comrie should be waivers-eligible starting in 2019-2020 unless he plays a ton of games in the NHL before that time.  Probably not coincidentally, that's when Steve Mason becomes a free agent again.