Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

They said they wanted to get better on D. Im not sure Jj does that at this point. But I don’t hate it. He’s Crosby’s buddy. 

He's also 31 years old so...5 year deal yikes.  The Pens will be fun to watch when they go into re-build mode and trade Crosby, Malkin, Letang etc.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:
They said they wanted to get better on D. Im not sure Jj does that at this point. But I don’t hate it. He’s Crosby’s buddy. 

He's also 31 years old so...5 year deal yikes.  The Pens will be fun to watch when they go into re-build mode and trade Crosby, Malkin, Letang etc.

Not a big fan of that contract. Hopefully they can salvage his career like they did for Schultz & Oleksiak.

If I was in charge, I'd trade Letang now. He's an adventure defensively and gets hurt too much. Pens won a Cup without him last year, and he was terrible in the 2nd round this year. Trade him now while you can still get a good haul for him. I think the Oilers would pay big for him.

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Oilers likely gonna send RNH with him so... Carolina? 

For a 6th round pick, maybe. 

I'm not sure if Chiarelli is the worst GM in the league but he's got to be up there. Most Canadian teams are saddled with terrible GMs. Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Montreal.

Calgary?

Toronto TBD.

Winnipeg one of the best (me love you long time Mr Chevy). 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nothing on Stasny. Looks like he's leaving. 

The longer it takes, the more likely it seems.  But people like Bob Mackenzie seem to think Stastny would want to wait until Tavares is done to see what the offers really are (with Paul being some teams' second choice).  Although when Bob says things like the Jets are trying to move salary...well, do it.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Supposedly teams have been told he’s staying in Winnipeg. If that’s true it might explain why it’s been quiet...it’s possible they have a deal worked out but jets need time to get their ducks in a row 

grain of salt of course 

TSN1290 related so that's 2 grains of salt.

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Goodbye Mason and Armia (so what happens now? is Hutch going to be a backup again?) on the other hand maybe this means we're keeping Stast

Price to pay to have Montreal eat masons contract was Armia. Jets get a prospect back that provides some D depth.  Hate to lose draft picks but those later rounds are currency and they used it here. 

Jets likely not done. Need a back up (mason??). And might need some more cash too but I can’t see them taking the risk of trading their back up if it wasn’t for something really good like Stastny. 

Arnia going opens up potential for Dano, petan, maybe even Vesa to make the team. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup large market teams make it very difficult for small market teams to thrive. 'Hey it's great to play here' is no match for 'that brinks truck out there is for you'.

Well the Chicago method worked once/twice but now its 2/3 guys for a good portion of the salary. 10m/yr for being a good Captain?

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Arnia going opens up potential for Dano, petan, maybe even Vesa to make the team. 

Couple knocks in that idea.

1 - those three all shoot left

2 - Dano, Petan