Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

man the Jets have barely even gotten a mention in the NHL awards opening montage, just when Ovi scored his 600th and the Broncos memoriam and when Vegas took us out

man I am being entertained more than I thought Oake made Bettman disappear

ah Terry Fator is presenting

Hedman has the Norris, McDavid has the Lindsey,  the Sedins have the King Clancy,  Barzal has the Calder, Boyle has the Masterton, Kopitar has the Selke, Gallant has the Adams, Ovie has the Richard...Laine was 6 goals short. And Vegas has the Messier Pikka has the Vez

oh the kid replacing Bettman is the kid from The Room

oh classy players from team canada and the US  women's hockey team are presenting the lady byng which was won by William Karlsson

ohai Olli Jokinen and PK gets NHL 19

Edited by iHeart

TSN has 5 channels. They will have FA Frenzy on the main one for sure. But Spoiler Warning... Nothing exciting happens on July 1st.. Perhaps Jets will announce some extensions but... Its all hype. 

Edited by Goalie

I like TSN's Free Agent Frenzy if only for the info/analysis, assuming the Jets (or one of my other teams) make some moves.  I usually PVR it and then FF to the good parts later.

The Big Show guys pushing the idea of Myers to Edmonton.  I really like Myers but it makes sense.  He's unlikely to re-sign here when his deal is up as he's the 3rd pairing (unless Trouba doesnt sign or Buff is pushed down in a year and I dont think that happens).  He's got that low cash deal for the next year which teams like.  And as far as trading a high end player, he probably hurts us the least of any other player of his talent level leaving.

His cap space would allow the Jets some much-needed flexibility and *maybe* an offer for Stastny.

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ive heard talk of Myers Perreault/Petan/Dano for Klefbolm and 10th overall but.. Its just talk. 

Normally it seems when they talk about Jets trades they dont happen.. When they don't, it does. .

Nobody guessed the Kane Bogo trade and none of them had a clue about Stastny either

Yeah that Kane trade was so unique because after the tracksuit fiasco we knew Kane was gone but Chevy made a heck of a deal with a team that was happy to get back a player who was not going to play the rest of the season.

Supposedly the Oilers would love Karlsson but Edmonton is on his No Trade List.  So theres the other Carlson.  But if you want a player with a bit of time...Myers is a good fit for Edmonton.  Dano is RFA so he's sort of a throw in but I could see Oilers liking Petan a lot.

Ive changed on Perreault a bit.  I LOVE Perreault.  I always see him as the straw that stirs the drink.  When he's out there, he's always engaged and making things happen.  If we trade him I could see us missing him.  On the other hand, we have young players that need the spot and he'd free up money and he has value.  He's been hurt a lot and we havent *really* missed him.

I like Perreault also but.. Hes paid 4 plus... Hes hurt lots... Hes on the wrong side of the age group.. Hes not part of the future. I think Perreault by himself gets you a 2nd rd pick.. Maybe 2 of them. 2 2nds. Throw him in with Myers and likely get a decent first.. I do see a fit with Edmonton. 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know if they would trade him.... the club really likes him and he really likes the city.   I see him re-signing down the road with a nice cheap deal for long term. 

Salary cap means they almost have to move some money out. Not a few hundred grand either.. A few million... Myers Perreault makes the most sense cap wise. 

Chris Peters, ESPN's Draft and Prospect Analyst, and Ryan Kennedy - Hockey News Draft and Prospect Expert - gave their thoughts on who they believe could be available when the Jets are on the clock.

Chris Peters

Scott Perunivich D (5-9/170) Minnesota-Duluth (NCAA) - "He's very committed defensively (but) it's not his strength. He led the National Champions in scoring (36 points in 42 games) so you are going to be very happy if he is still available there."

Blake McLaughlin LW (6-0/165) Chicago (USHL) - "Highly skilled player out of Minnesota and (the Jets) love their Minnesota guys. He decided to stay in the USHL and played with Jack Dugan, who is a Vegas Golden Knights pick, and those two were dynamic together. I think this is a really important strength building year for him and he's a guy who could conceivably be there and fits the mold of what the Jets usually go for."

Ryan Kennedy

Jay O'Brien C (5-10/185) Thayer Academy (USHS) - "He's headed to Providence College. Great two-way player, and obviously he's not a kid who is going to step in right away but you don't really want that if you are Winnipeg. You want somebody who is going to develop over a long period."

Jack McBain C (6-3/195) Toronto Jr Canadiens (OJHL) - "His father Andrew played for the Jets (1983-89). I watched Jack a couple of times this year and he's headed to Boston College. Still needs to work on his explosiveness a bit but there is a lot to like there once he gets it all figured out."

Curtis Douglas C (6-8/235) Windsor (OHL) -"Gigantic centre who was a little buried (on the depth chart) earlier in the year while playing for the Barrie Colts. A trade (to Windsor) got him more ice time. Good hands, still really coming into his own and again there is a player (that) you wait a couple of years and see what you have."

Edited by The Unknown Poster

7 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

A Pittsburgh reporter said that the Pens are interested in Jack Johnson, but he's asking for $6M per. WTF? The guy had 11 points in 77 games and played under 20 min/night. I'm interested to see what he actually gets.

He's still paying off his debt :D

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I'd expect if The Jets make moves they are minor ones for picks.. Petan Dano type moves. I dont expect Myers to be moved unless Trouba has verbally agreed to a contract. I think its more likely Jets make a big move after July 1st. 

Chevy said they've talked to Myers about playing the left side next season, which tells me they intend to keep him.  It probably makes sense, as he'd slide into Toby's spot and Kulikov would slide down.  Probably insurance for the Jets in case Kuli's issues flare up.  Chiarot remains the 7th D and Niki is first call up.  Poolman likely earns a regular gig at 3RD.  Assume Morrow is odd man out, though if he takes a low, low deal for a year, I'd be happy.

Now that I've said that, maybe they want to trade Kuli lol