Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

I really like the move.  Foley had promise, but he's hardly a sure bet to be an impact NHLer.  Plus FW is our biggest strength prospect-wise.  The 4th means nothing, and I'm not too concerned about a 26th - 31st overall pick either. 

The org owed it to the vets to make a move, even a more minor won.  Signifies to the rest of the league that we're competing for a Cup. 

Unbelievable how things have changed since the Fall....

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I really like the move.  Foley had promise, but he's hardly a sure bet to be an impact NHLer.  Plus FW is our biggest strength prospect-wise.  The 4th means nothing, and I'm not too concerned about a 26th - 31st overall pick either. 

The org owed it to the vets to make a move, even a more minor won.  Signifies to the rest of the league that we're competing for a Cup. 

Unbelievable how things have changed since the Fall....

The return is very similar to what the Blackhawks got for Hartman from the Preds. 1st, 4th and a prospect.

And the St. Louis Armstrong Blues are retaining half the salary!

Here are the Left D on TSN's tradelist

Ryan McDonagh (Rangers)

Jack Johnson (Jackets)

Matt Hunwick (Pens)

I dont really see a fit.  They wont trade for Ryan.  jack Johnson is possible but would Jackets trade him when they could use him?  If Toby is hurt, perhaps Jets up their desires a bit.  I wonder if they were in on Oduya and/or Cole.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You almost get that sense.  They arent far out of it but maybe they feel limping into the Playoffs and losing isnt worth losing Stastny for nothing this summer.  A 1st round pick helps a struggling Blues team

I used to shudder at giving up first round picks but that was of course when we had a shot at #1 overall.  Not so much now.  Perhaps Chevy can still horse-trade a Petan or Dano for a second-rounder to make up for this.

lou korac: Jake Allen is now 2-13-0 his past 15 starts to fall to 19-19-2. Just mind-boggling. What's even more mind-boggling is the Blues have scored a grand total of 16 goals in his 13 losses, or 1.23 goals per game. That's ridiculous to ask any goalie to win with those numbers

Foley looks to have decent upside.  Jets dealing from a position of depth and always the risk these NCAA kids don’t sign and become eligible to sign with any team.  

This is the reason we’ve been stocking the cupboards. 

If Lowry comes back, he becomes your 4th line centre.   Nice depth. 

Excellent news....For all the time I've been down on Jets management, I'm going to give this one a big thumbs up...I didn't think Chevy would ever make a move like this BUT seeing as we're getting close to a bona-fide contender (like the Bombers) I would say that made the difference....Good work Chevy...Like the trade and man did we get better in a hurry...Lot's of smiles in the Jets office today...guaranteed

Edited by Stickem

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Foley looks to have decent upside.  Jets dealing from a position of depth and always the risk these NCAA kids don’t sign and become eligible to sign with any team.  

This is the reason we’ve been stocking the cupboards. 

If Lowry comes back, he becomes your 4th line centre.   Nice depth. 

If he comes back?  Do you know something I don't know?