Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

This is probably Burmi's only shot to be on the Olympic squad...  he'd never make the cut if NHL players were in - makes sense to give it a shot

Do the Russian athletes have to pay their own way?

According to his agent he is going back home so i'm guessing he'll be the caboose to team Lokomotiv.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Does it really defy logic, though? A proven GM, a proven HC, and some solid talent and depth - all significant advantages compared to previous expansion teams.

It's a scrap heap! A junk pile came together to create a monster....I have no idea how it's possible.

34 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's a scrap heap! A junk pile came together to create a monster....I have no idea how it's possible.

A knightly scrap heap! It just seems like a perfect storm more than anything. Who knows if it'll continue but the Knights have themselves in a great position going into the second half of the season.

9 minutes ago, Atomic said:

VGK has some scoring punch.  James Neal has scored 40 in a season, Marchessault scored 30 last year, David Perron and Reilly Smith have both been over 25.  The expansion draft was kinder to VGK than any previous expansion team... they got some legit players.

Legit players.  Good goaltending.  Hard to argue that on paper, they're a top 3 team in the league but good for them.  Good for the league too.