Jump to content

Restaurant/food thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love popeye's .My best related Popeye's story. Go into a popeyes in mlps, order a combo with all white meat. Black cook in the back yells out, "What, you dont like dark  meat?" And jokingly sta

As far as new places in town go, One Great City Brewing near Polo Park is a great, fresh spot.   ONLY local brews available - excellent.  Food I had was really good; though we went for le burger week.

Snopes - uses us to check their facts. 

3 hours ago, itchy said:

Was wondering what the line up was for. I think that's to counteract the Popeye's sandwich becoming available here.

Oh good I'm not the only person thinking that, I mean at least Mary Browns hasn't done it because I think they've had THEIR chicken sandwich for years

Link to post
Share on other sites

so earlier this week my parents finally caved and brought popeyes home, I hadn't tried the chicken from the bone before, it does kind of remind me of KFC but it has something that KFC doesn't I can't put my finger on it though

 

and this week they have released their chicken sandwich for Canadian consumption. The slab of chicken they use is pretty big. There is also something else of their that I have yet to try, for some reason they have macaroni and cheese on their menu. I'm not sure how good it will taste but I'm willing to try. It's not bad, but I'd rather  just stick with the chicken, oh btw Popeyes updated their website, they finally acknowledge the fact that they no longer serve the mardi gras cheesecake

 

so I don't know if the Chicken Sandwich is here for a limited time, but if not, I'll definitely order it again, and as for the Mac and Cheese, I would rather have KD or the Mac and Cheese that are made by TV dinners (especially Crave)

Edited by iHeart
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well some rare good news for this year (I wish they considered doing this sooner considering the circumstances)

 

https://bostonpizza.com/en/menu/bp-classics-are-back.html

 

among them is the Amigo Burger, the bacon double cheeseburger pizza, BP's twist Bread, French Onion Soup, Smoky Mountain Spaghetti and Meatballs, the Founders Favourite (which is a dessert), and the Pizza Burger (yay!) I wish they included the Boston Cream Pie Scraper

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well some rare good news for this year (I wish they considered doing this sooner considering the circumstances)

 

https://bostonpizza.com/en/menu/bp-classics-are-back.html

 

among them is the Amigo Burger, the bacon double cheeseburger pizza, BP's twist Bread, French Onion Soup, Smoky Mountain Spaghetti and Meatballs, the Founders Favourite (which is a dessert), and the Pizza Burger (yay!) I wish they included the Boston Cream Pie Scraper

Had the pizza burger once. Absolutely gross. Now, bring back the steak bites, and I will listen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Had the pizza burger once. Absolutely gross. Now, bring back the steak bites, and I will listen. 

I've had the pizza burger three times,  twice it was great and once it was a terrible soggy mess.   When done right it's good but very heavy.  

 

18 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well some rare good news for this year (I wish they considered doing this sooner considering the circumstances)

 

https://bostonpizza.com/en/menu/bp-classics-are-back.html

 

among them is the Amigo Burger, the bacon double cheeseburger pizza, BP's twist Bread, French Onion Soup, Smoky Mountain Spaghetti and Meatballs, the Founders Favourite (which is a dessert), and the Pizza Burger (yay!) I wish they included the Boston Cream Pie Scraper

They need to bring back the Cactus Cut Nachos....   it was cactus cuts with cheese, bacon, green onions on top.   So good (not healthy at all).  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sigh, another restaurant forced to close because of the pandemic

<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/WildWing204/posts/1985415184931859" data-show-text="true" data-width=""><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/WildWing204/posts/1985415184931859" class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><p>As some of you know, with deep sadness and disappointment Wild Wing Regent was forced to close our doors permanently...</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/WildWing204/">Wild Wing Winnipeg</a> on&nbsp;<a href="https://www.facebook.com/WildWing204/posts/1985415184931859">Thursday, November 12, 2020</a></blockquote></div>

will facebook PLEASE fix the embedding issues please? Wild Wing on Regent had to close because the landlord didn't want to participate in the Rent Relief program

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I saw it was closed a few weeks back,  I assumed it closed because it wasn't that busy before COVID.  I did like the many different flavours,  I wish they could of moved somewhere else.

They have another location on Pembina. I think the pandemic only sealed their fate. I have been too or picked up food from every restaurant in the complex they are in but never them and I love wings.

Little Bones is farther away and I would go there 100 times before Wild Wings. 

You do have to wonder about a landlord that rather have an empty space during a pandemic that work out a rent reduction with a 10 year tenant.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GCJenks said:

They have another location on Pembina. I think the pandemic only sealed their fate. I have been too or picked up food from every restaurant in the complex they are in but never them and I love wings.

Little Bones is farther away and I would go there 100 times before Wild Wings. 

You do have to wonder about a landlord that rather have an empty space during a pandemic that work out a rent reduction with a 10 year tenant.

 

 

 

I'm curious if their is more to the story as next door to Wild Wing they used to have a Sushi place (forget the name) and suddenly one day they also had issues with rent and simply vanished.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...