Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2022-08-06 at 7:05 PM, iHeart said:

So apparently a sushi joint and Leopold's tavern is going into a place that's being built on Plessis

Nice this end of town needs more sushi places. Leopold's on Henderson is above average so that should be a good addition also.

Man I really miss the restaurants in Winnipeg.   Calgary just doesn't have the same amount of unique places. 

We are making a list for a trip home next summer.  So far it contains Red Top, Sargent Sundae and hopefully a pie from Pizza Hotline (say what you will, but I miss them 😉).

Any suggestions?  

Edited by basslicker

15 hours ago, basslicker said:

Man I really miss the restaurants in Winnipeg.   Calgary just doesn't have the same amount of unique places. 

We are making a list for a trip home next summer.  So far it contains Red Top, Sargent Sundae and hopefully a pie from Pizza Hotline (say what you will, but I miss them 😉).

Any suggestions?  

BDI over Sargent Sundae. 

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

oh but weren't they always two separate businesses?

The same parent company owns/owned Tim Horton's, Burger King, Popeyes and a couple of other food chains, but if memory serves, it wasn't happy with the performance of their ice cream franchises so they sold off the locations, with the proviso that they change the name.

Okay so my prayers are being answered...sort of, I went to ChungChuns on Jefferson today and though the cashier sounded kind of annoyed at the number of items I ordered I had explained to him that I lived far from that location (despite working in the school division on that end) and then he told me that another location is opening, albeit on Osborne...well it kind of closer but not close enough for me to want to take any trips there in the winter, however this means the business is catching on maybe it will open another location