Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

On 2022-05-09 at 2:15 PM, bigg jay said:

Do they still have a spot on William Ave in the Exchange?  I went there a few times (pre-pandemic) and it was always great food.

Last I heard no as there were serious problems with the building. 

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any chatter about Taco and Margarita week. 

https://tacoweek.ca/

Stopped at Junction 59 yesterday, margarita was delicious, I couldn’t have the tacos as they only have flour tortillas but my wife had them and I drooled. 

I can't keep up with all the different food weeks these days...  it was easier when it was only Le Burger and Poutine week....

Okay so it looks like something is going to go into the lot where 'Za Pizza Bistro was on Regent, I went past there this morning and people were working in there, and they don't know what's going in there I am currently crossing everything I can possibly cross that it will  become a ChunChung Korean Hot Dog place (like I've had praises for in the past, this would be a big deal which means I won't have to plan any trips to the one on Jefferson)

Well today I learned that Hollandaise actually tastes more like that stuff that you would taste when having scalloped potatoes, well that was some time I'll never get back, maybe next time I'll either use thousand island dressing or that MB Sidekick sauce from Mary Browns

I had been working on a recipe idea I had been sitting on for awhile, I had Old El Paso tortilla boats that are about to expire (I figured I could use that after wishing I could pour some cooked fat free egg whites into a breakfast burrito) I also added some of that Olivieri Gnocchi that had cheddar and bacon in it (mostly because chopping up uncooked bacon takes forever even when using kitchen scissors...plus that Gnocchi is easy to cook)  oh and some of those fat free egg whites that come in a carton

Well if everything is going to be back on this year they might as well bring back Manyfest as well (Sept 9-11)

also I tried the Deep Fried Cheese Curds from Smoke's Poutinerie and at least now I have a winter fix since the food trucks don't run in the winter

Edited by iHeart

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A new Caribbean place just opened up on Molson near Elmwood....  fingers cross that they have good roti!  

It would be nice to have an alternative to Tropikis, but it will have to darned good to beat them.

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It would be nice to have an alternative to Tropikis, but it will have to darned good to beat them.

I know of a place that is even better then Tropikis!  K & S Grill down Portage Ave,  it's really good food and the staff is more focused (not as bizarre as the lady from Tropikis).